What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Analysis responsibilities include:
What you'll be doing:
- Prepare all Bank Account Reconciliations and review the ones submitted by subsidiary's accountants
- Co-ordinate Inter-company transaction as required between AR, AP and Subsidiaries and make sure procedures are followed
- Investigate and clear all inter - company discrepancies ensuring zero balances for Quarter Ends
- Update Fixed Assets sub-ledger, generate monthly depreciation entry and prepare Fixed Assets schedule
- Responsible for posting of all Subsidiaries journal entries in GL on a timely manner, ensuring no delays in month-end reporting preparation
- Maintain schedules re Prepaid Accounts and prepare monthly amortization entry
- Prepare Petty - Cash reconciliation and Line of Credit fees schedule
- Review Bank Statements for major accounts (AP and AR), clear outstanding items and book necessary entries in Bank Book
- Review all LC charges, investigate and obtain details from AR and Inventory Departments and prepare journal entry
- Prepare and distribute departmental Operating Expenses to department managers
- Maintain and distribute petty cash as required
- Assist Financial Analyst in special projects as required
- Assist Financial Analyst in preparing Fixed Assets annual budget and re-forecasts
What we're looking for:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Accounting/Finance and working towards an Accounting Designation
- Must have 1-3 years working experience in Accounting environment; accepting new graduates with internship or co-op based relevant financial experience
- Working experience with fixed assets, bank reconciliations, per-paid, month-end close process would be considered an asset
- Self starter and attentive to detail
- Intermediate level MS Excel Skills
- The individual should be focused, deadline oriented and a hard working team player. Able to work independently and as part of the team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be available to work overtime if required
Please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top