Facilities Maintenance Technician (Mon-Wed 10-7 and Sat/Sun 8-5)
What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
We are looking for a Facilities Maintenance Technician with experience working in a commercial office building. The ideal candidate must utilize skills to perform preventive maintenance, repairs, and in-house projects for a secure building containing HVAC, electrical systems, computer systems, hot water systems, and landscape/irrigation systems, all serving highly sensitive equipment. Must be a team player, innovative, critical thinking and have a professional demeanor.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintain an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems to ensure proper functioning systems and ensure systems are operating in an efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
- Perform various maintenance tasks including but not limited to; painting, plastering, lighting, electrical, and plumbing.
- Complete work orders, as assigned by your Supervisor.
- Utilizes several trade skills such as HVAC, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
What we're looking for:
- Must be able to work under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance.
- Skilled in operating a PC in a Windows environment including the ability to use Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Outlook, and automated building systems software
- Skilled in prioritizing assignments when there are changes in workload and/or competing deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff within a corporate office setting, as well as external vendors and service representatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, sufficient to produce accurate and grammatically correct correspondence and reports and to represent the corporation in a professional manner.
- Ability to successfully troubleshoot complex building system issues.
- Skill in prioritizing assignments when there are changes in workload and/or competing deadlines.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work overtime as required to complete projects in accordance with established deadlines and to be available on-call for after-hours emergencies.
- Ability to comply with commercial building standards, policies, and procedures, and to set a positive example regarding standards and compliance.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods, to climb or stoop for short periods, and to lift items weighing up to 50 pounds, as required to complete job duties.
- Ability to complete movements using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers frequently and regularly to complete activities such as typing, writing, picking up small objects, and other activities necessary to complete job duties.
- Ability to speak accurately, loudly, and/or quickly in order to effectively convey information, including detailed or important instructions or ideas, and to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location Los Angeles, California, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top