Executive Assistant to CMO and SVP Theater Development
What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
The role will support Chief Marketing Officer and SVP, Theater Development providing a solid administrative and business service.
What you'll be doing:
- Organize the activities and schedule of the Executive using independent judgment, discretion and diplomacy.
- Maintain administrative procedures and processes for the Executive including maintaining files, typing minutes, preparation of expense reports and reviewing expense reports of direct reports ensuring adherence to IMAX Policies and Expense Guidelines.
- Oversee general office related matters like maintenance, supplies, phone systems, IT systems, mobile communications and other office equipment.
- Plan business and sometimes personal functions and social events.
- Screen visitors, phone calls and requests; determine priority.
- Read and rank incoming mail.
- Identify potential problems and shift priorities in order to adjust the Executive's schedule if necessary.
- Coordinate meetings and appearances on behalf of the Executive that are held locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Make all travel arrangements and monitor them to ensure maximum efficiency and accuracy.
- Plan, organize and follow-up on details related to internal staff events, receptions, private dinner parties, etc. selecting menus, invitations, etc.
- Brief the Executive before appointments or meetings with appropriate background.
- Create or update PowerPoint presentations required by the Executive.
- Provide technical, administrative, and/or supervisory guidance and leadership to administrative support staff as required.
- Prepare correspondence, memos, minutes, and reports (frequently of a confidential, strategic and/or specialized nature).
- Compose moderately complex letters, memorandums, and reports on behalf of the Executive by identifying required information, researching background information, and gathering it from appropriate sources.
What we're looking for:
- 5-7 years of experience as an Executive Assistant.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual - Mandarin and English.
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in MS applications: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and within a team environment.
- Able to interact confidently and professionally with senior members of the organization as well as external parties.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available to work overtime periodically.
- High degree of professionalism, discretion, trustworthiness and ability to work independently with minimal direction while keeping the Executive informed.
- Strong organization and administrative skills.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills; able to interact with a wide range of individuals in a wide range of situations which usually requires tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Decisiveness and good judgment required to effectively operate the office of the Executive in his/her absence.
- Capacity to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Numerate accuracy.
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location shanghai, Shanghai, China Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top