Director, Theatre Development - South America
What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
We offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
The Director, Theatre Development will support IMAX in expanding its footprint across South America, being directly responsible for defining and executing the business development strategy and managing sales operations across the region. Reporting to the Head of Global Sales, the position will be based in São Paulo, Brazil.
What you'll be doing:
- Drive the expansion of the IMAX theater network across South America, by leading and/or supporting - as directed - sales activities in the region, including sourcing customers and business partners, delivering pitches, preparing proposals;
- Support ongoing client-scouting activity, identifying cinema operators as well as retail developers who would be suitable to become IMAX partners;
- Manage relationships with IMAX clients and business partners, both independently as well as in collaboration with other company executives, ensuring the success of the existing and prospective IMAX business in South America;
- Actively represent the company in in the region, attending events relevant to the company's sales activities;
- Create positive awareness of the IMAX business within the entertainment industry, the retail development community and the investment community across the region;
- Proactively inform the management and leadership teams of current and emerging market trends;
- Monitor all sales operations within the region, recording all key actions/tasks and maintaining a customer database;
- Qualify inquiries, prospective clients and projects, conducting due diligence on the proposed projects and engaging with the counterparts as needed;
- Assist in preparing internal reports, including budgeting and forecasting;
- Analyze territories and prepare market reports, assessing their viability and level of opportunity for the IMAX business;
- Liaise with other company departments as needed (e.g. Marketing, Film, etc.), to facilitate the overall success of the IMAX business in the region.
What we're looking for:
- A recognized undergraduate degree, preferably combined with postgraduate qualifications;
- 5+ years of experience in business development or sales, preferably within the retail development and/or entertainment industries;
- Written and spoken fluency in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven ability to take initiative, work independently, be creative and establish priorities to support business development in a competitive market;
- Proven experience in dealing with a diverse array of counterparts at senior level throughout the region;
- Strong planning and organizational skills to successfully manage sales operations and support senior executives within a global organization;
- Ability to adapt to diverse business environments and different cultures, across a variety of different territories;
- Excellent communications skills for various settings;
- High degree of flexibility required for frequent international travel; must hold valid passport.
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location Sao Paolo, Brazil Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Meet Some of IMAX's Employees
Brittney B.Associate Manager, Global Events & Sales Planning
Brittney works with the Sales and Marketing teams to secure theater deals and promote the IMAX brand. She also identifies corporate sponsors for a variety of conferences, events, and speaking opportunities.
Back to top