Director, Global Film Marketing
- Los Angeles, CA
What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our businesspeople are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
We offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
Reporting to the VP Global Brand & Film Marketing the Director of Global Film Marketing serves as both an account manager and project lead across the IMAX film campaigns in the day to day management of studio partners and internally across the IMAX global stakeholders. Their primary role is to set and manage the IMAX film campaign to sell the IMAX experience along with campaign timelines to ensure IMAX marketing assets are created, routed for approval, and delivered for placement on a timely.
What you'll be doing:
- Create, update and communicate on a timely basis the following documents:
- Marketing strategy brief with input from the VP Global Brand and Film Marketing
- Film campaign deck for CMO review and approval
- Simple Summary reports across the Global Film Campaign
- Handle account management of studio relationships, key approvals, and timelines through written communication, phone calls, and in-person meetings.
- Run point on project management to cover the development of the campaign WHY IMAX messaging, timelines, execution and delivery of core campaign assets, exhibitor marketing assets, and support across all key brand activations.
- Communicate film campaign updates in a timely manner with corresponding timetables across all areas of the IMAX Marketing teams including creative, exhibitor marketing, digital/social, media, publicity, strategy and research, international, post-production, distribution, and finance.
- Create and present studio pitch decks to highlight the IMAX film campaign strategy, exhibitor marketing and publicity activities, and IMAX Brand activations (where applicable).
- Serve as the film lead at studio and internal film marketing meetings and run point to create and circulate agendas on a timely manner
- Review and approve all aspects of the film campaign assets and activities across creative, digital/social, publicity and in theater to ensure CMO/VP sign-off along with studio.
- Create Film Campaign Recap decks for tent-pole.
- Manage all aspects of the film budget process including the creation and management of the domestic discretionary spend in tandem with overseeing the overall film budget.
- Support Film Marketing team's efforts by coordinating and participating in special events, screenings and/or conferences.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business administration or other applicable discipline.
- Minimum 6-10 years direct experience working in marketing, account and project management, communications and media projects.
- MBA a plus
- A proven track record in developing and enhancing clear and compelling consumer brands, ideally within a consumer goods or media/entertainment environment
- A working knowledge of studio film/creative assets
- Expert PowerPoint or Keynote skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- Must be flexible, open to change, and can shift direction and priorities often.
- A tireless and results driven mentality, able to continually critique and optimize performance
- The ability to operate with autonomy proactively identifying new opportunities, next steps and processes
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to build relationships and influence teams
- Advanced decision-making skills and solution oriented
- A strategic and analytical thinker with experience effectively leverages customer insights to drive the agenda
- Meticulous attention to detail. Great follow-up is a must.
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location Los Angeles, California, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular Salary 160,000.00 - 160,000.00 USD
Back to top