Director, Consumer Technology Strategy
- Playa Vista, CA
What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
We offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
What you'll be doing
The Director, Consumer Technology Strategy is responsible for the development of a direct to consumer strategy that aligns to the company's overall strategy and goals. The role will also oversee the planning, product management, development and execution of the strategy set forth. This includes articulating the production vision, consumer and technical requirements, road map and timelines for delivery. This person will need to work closely across all internal stakeholders including marketing, IT, engineering, and finance to manage projects to success. The role will also require strong project management skills to manage external vendors and designers to success to meet critical deadlines and deliverables.
- Understand IMAX's core businesses as well as growth opportunities and articulate a vision for how IMAX's brand strength and fan love will translate into direct interaction with the consumer
- Understand the IMAX audience and target acquisition audiences to drive the strategy and prioritization of features/technology development
- Manage external parties/vendors to success
- Manage internal stakeholders across multiple departments and needs
- Create the product vision and roadmap for consumer facing touchpoints and new technology
- Create and manage a budget to support the needs of the project(s)
- Articulate the value and return on investment for the IMAX business for any new investments/projects
- Create measurement criteria to evaluate success and track towards concrete goals/milestones
- Leverage research and insights to drive strategic and relevant business decisions for direct to consumer businesses.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor's degree
- 7+ years of experience in product design, product management, Direct To Consumer technology/deployment
- Technical background
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Self-starter with the ability to set strategy and outline concrete goals
The ideal candidate will have
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to be able to manage across many internal stakeholders and will be able to unify into a streamlined vision
- Excellent project management capabilities to manage a product life cycle with success and deliver results to deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving abilities that include the process of working through details of a problem to reach a solution
- Ability to lead technical discussions as it pertains to the product deployment and strategy
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location Playa Vista, California, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top