What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course, we offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
IMAX Creative is seeking a Designer who is imaginative, has a refined and sophisticated design sense and a problem solver within the design space. Be a collaborative team player, multi-tasker and able to juggle several different types of projects at the same time with a smile. Craft and technical expertise are at the core of this role.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the importance of visual communication within the marketing, creative, entertainment and technology spaces understanding the key role creative plays in bringing marketing messages to life.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide design support across IMAX Creative's key verticals: Film, Brand, Corporate and Sales/Events.
- Design global marketing materials for several types of mediums: digital display, online, print, OOH, and environmental.
- Work closely with the Art Director to realize her design vision through concepting, designing, compositing, etc.
- Work closely with other team members within IMAX Creative (Production Artists, Motion Graphics, Designers, Producers, Etc.) to ensure the agreed upon design direction (with the Art Director) is accurately implemented based on established guidelines
- Act as a Design Brand Guardian and QC (as required) on projects to ensure the IMAX Brand Design System is implemented effectively consistency across all marketing materials.
- Deliver final design files based on creative direction and technical specifications to the printer and/or key stakeholders.
- Working on platforms like
- Develop various mock-ups and concepts as proof of concept based off creative briefs.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of creative/marketing ad agency, design studio and/or film studio experience strongly preferred.
- A graduate with a degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, Advertising/Marketing or equivalent.
- Ability to quickly conceptualize designs based on research.
- Accustomed to the intake of creative briefs
- Interest in layouts, typography and applying look and feel based on set brand guidelines.
- Strong technical understanding when it comes to the delivery of files.
- A self-starter who must be highly organized and have high attention to detail.
- Advanced knowledge of the latest Adobe Creative Suite.
- Presentation design experience within Keynote and Power-Point
- Prior experience with environmental & experiential design a PLUS
- Knowledge of 3D software and rendering (Cinema4D, 3D Studio Max, Rhino 3D or Maya) a PLUS
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
IMAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location Los Angeles, California, United States Position Type Temporary
Meet Some of IMAX's Employees
Brittney B.Associate Manager, Global Events & Sales Planning
Brittney works with the Sales and Marketing teams to secure theater deals and promote the IMAX brand. She also identifies corporate sponsors for a variety of conferences, events, and speaking opportunities.
Back to top