Creative Project Manager (4 month Temp)
- Los Angeles, CA
What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
We offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
The Creative Project Manager will play a key role on the IMAX Creative team. We are looking for a collaborative team player, a multi-tasker who likes to wear many hats, juggling many different projects, always with a smile. We need someone who is organized and detail-oriented with strong follow-through and interpersonal skills, someone who drives the process across multiple projects and can partner with other functions with equal amounts of grace and composure.
You will report directly to the Director, Creative and be responsible for managing creative projects for film campaigns.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage Film projects that span across print, audio/visual, digital and online mediums.
- Work with key business partners on brief intake to kick-off projects and bring clarity on key objectives, timeline, budget and final deliverables
- Facilitate and drive project briefing process for IMAX Creative knowing when to include specific team members and when not to
- Drive the project from a project management function working with cross-functional teams and key business partners to ensure all deliverables are on brief and delivered on time.
- Develop and manage overall project timing plans, monitor delivery dates providing updates to all key team members on progress and raise red flags on any timing issues
- Oversee and facilitate progress on all file deliverables
- Act as final round of QC for all deliverables related to your project before final delivery to business partner or partner agency (i.e.: print house)
- Traffic and deliver creative assets to key business partners and teams for review and approval
- Work directly with internal designers, AV team and external agencies to ensure proper execution of project deliverables.
- Act as both account manager and project manager when it comes to communicating risks and status updates
- Assist with miscellaneous ad hoc projects (as needed)
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 5+ years of creative/advertising/marketing agency preferred
- Experience working across several project types: print, digital, motion, audio/visual and environmental
- Understanding of technical deliverables across the above project types
- Understanding of creative process as it relates to design and content
- Ability to listen, gather information, evaluate situation and find solutions that fit the problem that is truing to be solved
- Ability to manage vendors, timelines and budgets
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize without missing deadlines and work within defined budgets
- Understands how to build budgets, write scopes of work, develop timelines and working with project management tools like Basecamp
- Strong account management skills to interface with key business partners
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Working knowledge of latest Adobe Creative Suite preferred
The ideal candidate will have:
- Great follow-through and organizational skills.
- Strong listening, project management and presentation skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Problem-solver attitude with positive business etiquette.
- Ability to remain calm and take a step back. Ability to manage internal and external expectations
- Ability to be proactive to seek out stakeholders who will have the information you need.
- Ability to think bigger than the task initially presented and identify deliverables not initially presented.
- Ability to approach a problem from multiple viewpoints.
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location Los Angeles, California, United States Position Type Temporary
Back to top