Creative Production Manager (Marketing and Print )
What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
What you'll be doing:
- Be the go-to team member for all projects requiring production across artwork and physical materials (print, environmental design - i.e. trade booths, merchandise, etc.)
- Drive the production process across artwork (versioning & adaptation), print, physical materials and AV Content versioning by leading and mentoring a team of Production Artists and workin closely with Creative Project Managers, Art Director, Designers, and the Sr. Manager, Production & Operations
- Build timelines, budgets, and relationships with print, materials, and AV agency partners
- Work closely with the Art Director to ensure the approved creative is adapted accordingly and comes to live as originally envisioned through marketing and creative materials
- Work with partner agencies on pre-press, color proof matching, print production, shipping of color proofs, estimates and final delivery to distribution center for theater delivery. Attend press checks (as needed).
- Capable of checking artwork and AV content files using Adobe Creative Cloud Suite for specs.
- Be available as a go-to production problem solver as needed on projects (including off hours)
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years in a Creative, Production or In-house Agency with prior team management and leadership experience.
- Vast knowledge of both creative department operations and creative production with a background across multiple platforms with focus in print production
- Understanding of technical deliverables across print, physical materials, environmental and AV
- Strong understanding of graphic design process.
- Extraordinary perfectionism and detail orientation.
- Ability to listen and assimilate knowledge quickly to develop creative solutions.
- Ability to manage vendors, timelines and budgets.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize without missing deadlines and work within defined budgets.
- Great follow-through and organizational skills.
- Strong listening, project management and presentation skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of Keynote, Basecamp and/or other project management tools is a plus.
- Working knowledge of latest Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, and able to work on multiple projects with multiple stakeholders, in various stages of production, simultaneously.
- Strong resource planning and management background with an ability to analyze outputs and drive efficiencies.
- Linguistic or localization experience a plus.
- Able to pivot quickly on production needs for trade shows, events and physical marketing placements
The ideal candidate will have:
- Able to analyze the situation with projects and understand the purpose and objectives of projects.
- Digests and comprehends information effectively without misinterpretations.
- Is able to coordinate various functions within IMAX Creative to achieve the objectives of a project.
- Able to connect one project to another and understand how revisions to one project could affect another project he/she is working on.
- Looks at challenges as opportunities for finding solutions. Thrives when a problem needs to be solved rather than leaning on others to solve the problem for him/her.
- Able to set expectations accordingly. Doesn't underestimate but rather over delivers on promises.
- This person should be very organized. They should have systems in place for prioritizing projects and to-dos. Mentally, they should also be very organized in how they think and approach projects.
- This person should have execution and delivery mode BUT the way they execute and deliver is just as important. He/she should have some suave to them and should always be respectful and have a pleasant disposition when interacting with business partners, partner agencies and IMAX Creative team members.
- Be the driver of the production timeline, aspect and resources.
- Can make sound judgments and decisions based on information provided and if he/she does not have all of the information, will go out and seek it.
- Can adapt to situations accordingly and can handle last minute requests without being too black/white.
- Understands his/her function to lean on other experts to achieve the best work output as possible.
- We want our creative to be refined and sophisticated. They should have a very refined palette and understand what on-band vs. off-brand is.
- Understand that we are in marketing and we need to think of what the consumer will be attracted to. If the creative doesn't excite us then it definitely won't excite the consumer!
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location Los Angeles, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top