What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
We offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
The Contracts Administrator will provide vital support for the IMAX Entertainment Division's Legal and Business Affairs team in Los Angeles.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide support to in-house attorneys on a variety of contractual and other legal matters in connection with domestic and international entertainment distribution, production and marketing.
- Manage and track a high volume of agreements from initial request through execution.
- Liaise with business and creative teams, third-party vendors and other stakeholders to ensure the timely turnaround of legal requests.
- Maintain contract and vendor databases and deal summary charts.
- Organize and manage legal files.
- Prepare drafts of various standardized legal documents such as licensing agreements, vendor contracts, non-disclosure agreements, sweepstakes rules and clip licenses for attorney review.
- Act as an initial legal point of contact for various internal divisions.
- Perform rights-related research.
- Administrative responsibilities and tasks such as coordination of meetings, mailings, expense reporting, travel arrangements and other duties and projects as required.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of transactional entertainment contracts administration experience working within a studio or network entertainment environment.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Paralegal Certification a plus. (We are not focused on JDs for this role.)
- Familiarity with distribution and marketing agreements preferred.
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of SAP Ariba Contract Management is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Highly motivated and resourceful with the ability to work proactively and independently.
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
- Superb organizational skills with exceptional time management abilities and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a "can-do" attitude.
- Flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned.
- Ability to balance multiple matters simultaneously and to respond quickly to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- First-rate written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At IMAX you'll be part of a culture built on respect - one that recognizes the unique talents of everyone on the team. We're proud of the differences that make us all unique and we support unity, acceptance and equal rights for all. Diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success as a global company.
IMAX is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location Playa Vista, California, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Back to top