What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the candidate will initiate and complete concession sales transactions with IMAX Theatre guests in a friendly and positive manner.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsibilities include initiating and completing all sales transactions with the Theatre guests. This includes greeting all guests, suggestive selling, order coordination, product preparation, cash and/or credit transactions and thanking the guest
- Ensuring the work area is clean and neat at all times (including equipment, counters, floors, walls, ashtrays, etc.). Also adhering to all Department of Health regulations and Theatre operating procedures
- Processing all guest transactions as they occur always using the correct Theatre cash handling procedures. Ensuring that all procedures are quick and accurate. Balancing floats to zero at the completion of the shift
- Ensuring all displays and supplies are well stocked at all times. Advising the Operations Manager. When products are running low to ensure merchandise is ordered before it is sold out
- Understanding the major aspects of the IMAX Projection System and the IMAX Story in order to answer "basic" guest questions. Assisting Theatre guests by answering questions or referring more difficult questions to Theatre management to be handled.
- Assisting the Operations Manager in directing or controlling guests in an emergency situation. Understanding and following all emergency procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Other duties as required
What we're looking for:
- Highly developed interpersonal, organizational and language skills with the ability to provide a high standard of competent and friendly customer service to the public
- Excellent English written and spoken communication skills
- Sound knowledge of basic bookkeeping/accounting
For consideration, please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location Indianapolis, Indiana, United States Position Type Part-Time
Back to top