Accounts Payable Coordinator - 6 month contract
What we're about
IMAX is not your everyday entertainment experience, so it's not surprising that IMAX employees and their careers go beyond the ordinary. Our employees share a passion for quality in everything they do. Our Hollywood people are movie business insiders with years of production experience. Our technology experts are unashamedly geeky - people who can talk for hours, and be riveting, about color gamut and lasers. Our business people are consummate sales and marketing professionals who are spreading the IMAX word around the world.
Of course we offer all the benefits you'd expect from a company with over 50 years of history. Yet, beyond this, we know everyone works differently and is motivated by different things. That's why we offer competitive pay and a wide assortment of benefits - to help you make the most of your life at work and away from it.
As the world's leading entertainment technology company, IMAX has revolutionized the way people experience movies. Specializing in immersive motion picture technologies, our employees are driven by a passion to take audiences around the world to places they've only dreamed of.
Come explore IMAX - where innovation, creativity and passion come together.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintain vendor master data
- Process stop payments and void cheques
- Cancel invoices in the subledger
- Assist with month-end close process as it relates to Accounts Payable
- Ensure timely distribution of reports
- Forecast and manage future payments and ensure timely scheduled payments are carried out
- Assist with implementation of Concur Invoice software
- Manage vendor change management around payment terms and Concur Invoice
- Maintain Standard Work documents and act as a key liaison between finance, purchasing and outside vendors.
- Receive invoices and ensure proper authorization and coding
- Enter and post invoices/expenses into sub ledger
- Match and process all PO related invoices
- Prepare weekly cheque runs and wire payments, match cheque to back-up and organize for authorization
- Maintain accounts payable files and records to ensure completeness and timeliness
- Enforce department internal controls and policies within the payables function
- Maintain employee expense and supporting documents are received and checked against guidelines
- Respond to internal/external inquiries within 24 hours
- Familiarity with multiple currencies and international vendors/employees
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
What we're looking for:
- Experienced in Accounts Payable
- SAP experience is required
- Strong customer service focus (internal and external)
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and multitask
- Initiative taker/ability to problem solve
- Ability to work in a team environment
- College diploma/University degree in business or accounting (or equivalent) preferred
Please apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Location Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Position Type Temporary
Back to top