Big Data Engineer
We are looking for talented, ambitious Big Data (Hadoop / Spark) Engineers who will work with the Big Data Development Lead/Architect on the build out and execution of the given technical or scientific use cases using various big data platforms and appropriate programming techniques. This role is a resource with technical design and development expertise with experience in the Big Data space.
As a member of this team you work with people, technical and non-technical alike, to understand their Big Data needs and to help them understand what they’re really trying to achieve. You seek out feedback on your designs and ideas and provide the same to others. You constantly ask 'What am I missing?' and 'How will this NOT work'? You don't shy away from what you don't know; you readily admit that you don’t know everything, and use every resource available to learn what you need to know.
This person should have hands on development experience in some of the technologies including - Hadoop, Spark, HBase, Hive, Pig, R, etc. Also, solid skills in Scala/Java and other relevant languages, modeling NoSql data stores, and has a good understanding of working with Spark or Hadoop MapReduce type programming.
- Focus on big data platform build-up, proof of concepts, pilot implementations, software development, application integration, and documentation.
- Strong desire to experiment with cutting edge technologies.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, Scala,
- Exposure to Big Data Ecosystem (Hadoop, Hive, Hbase, Pig, Spark, Cassandra, etc.)
- Problem solving skills and self-starter
- Good communication and writing skills
- Hadoop, NoSQL or other Big Data certifications preferred
- Prior Development experience writing MapReduce or Spark jobs
- Prior Development experience with Scala
- Familiarity and experience with agile (scrum) development process
Back to top