Windows (VEN) Virtual Enforcement Node Engineer
Illumio delivers adaptive security for every computing environment, protecting the 80 percent of data center and cloud traffic missed by the perimeter. The company’s Adaptive Security Platform™ visualizes application traffic and delivers continuous, scalable, and dynamic policy and enforcement to every bare-metal server, VM, and container in data centers and public clouds. Using Illumio, enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, Plantronics, NTT, King Entertainment, and Creative Artists Agency have achieved secure application and cloud migration, environmental segmentation, high-value application protection from breaches and threats, and compliance with no changes to applications or infrastructure
As a senior Windows Systems engineer you will be a member of the Illumio VEN engineering team working on cutting-edge flexible security products for protecting our customers from cyber threats.
You will be responsible for designing a light-weight VEN and it’s functionality on the Windows platform. The Virtual Enforcement Node’s functions are :
• To inspect the environment on the workload it manages
• Communicate this information to the Policy Compute Engine (PCE)
• Download the policy from the PCE
• Use OS-native methods such as Windows Filtering Platform, WFP to enforce the policy at the L3/L4 level
• 10+ years of experience in Windows systems software development
• Expertise in systems/low level software and background services on Windows
• Solid networking fundamentals (L2-L7)
• Deep understanding of Windows Networking and Winsock (API)
• Experience developing multi-threaded and multi-process applications
• Languages: C++ (a must), C (nice to have)
Nice to have:
• Windows Filtering Platform (extremely nice to have)
• Windows Firewall
• Windows Installer
• Windows kernel development
• High performance and scalable systems
Illumio discovers and contains cyber vulnerabilities inside the datacenter. Illumio reduces the surface area of attack by securing the 80 percent of data center and cloud traffic missed by the perimeter. The Illumio Adaptive Security Platform (ASP) visualizes application traffic and delivers continuous, scalable and dynamic policy and enforcement to every bare-metal server, VM and container in data center and public cloud infrastructure. Organizations such as Morgan Stanley, Plantronics, NTT, King Entertainment, and Creative Artists Agency are using Illumio to enable cloud migration, achieve DevOps speed and segment applications and environments for compliance or segmentation. Founded in January 2013, Illumio has raised $142.5 million from leading enterprise software investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Accel Partners, General Catalyst, BlackRock Funds, as well as industry leaders such as Jerry Yang, Marc Benioff and Microsoft Chairman John W. Thompson.
Meet Some of Illumio's Employees
Anand oversees the support and services Illumio customers receive post-purchase. He assists in deployment and implementation processes, as well as subsequent adaptations to each industry.
Back to top