Illumio, recently named to the CNBC Disruptor 50 list, stops cyber threats by controlling the lateral movement of unauthorized communications through its breakthrough adaptive segmentation technology. The company’s Adaptive Security Platform™ visualizes application traffic and delivers continuous, scalable, and dynamic policy and enforcement to every bare-metal server, VM, container, and VDI within data centers and public clouds. Using Illumio, enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, Plantronics, Salesforce, King Entertainment, NetSuite, Oak Hill Advisors, and Creative Artists Agency have achieved secure application and cloud migration, environmental segmentation, compliance and high-value application protection from breaches and threats with no changes to applications or infrastructure.
Illumio is looking for a User Researcher to help us offer the best experiences to our customers. You will be working on next generation applications in an agile and collaborative development environment. You will need to have a solid range of traditional and rapid research techniques. If you are passionate about users, have an entrepreneurial spirit and get joy from making a difference then Illumio may be for you.
As a researcher at Illumio, you will drive research by talking to customers, products and by collaborating with Product Management, Design, Marketing, and Engineering. You will influence key strategy and help drive product decisions. You are self-motivated and execution-oriented in possession of the skills to execute at a high level of quality in a fast-paced, complex environment
● With an eye towards persona creation and validation, you will partner with design, product and marketing to learn more about customers and potential customers.
● You will design and conduct research studies that include, surveys, in-depth interviews, field studies, rapid prototype testing, and traditional lab studies.
● You will analyze user behavior through server logs, online experiments (A/B testing), benchmark studies, lab studies, and surveys.
● You will work directly with designers, product managers, engineers, to identify and prioritize research opportunities in a creative and dynamic development environment.
● Your work will be to understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
● You will evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
● At least 2 years of experience practicing user or design research
● Degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, a related field – or the equivalent experience.
● Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
● A solid understanding of lean design and agile product development process
● Proven track record influencing product direction with actionable insights
● Experience with goal direct design, ideation techniques, and generative research methods
● Ability to create compelling presentations and confidently convey insights through storytelling.
● Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Illumio's Employees
CEO & Founder
As chief executive officer and founder, Andrew is responsible for the overall strategy, vision, and funding of Illumio.
Back to top