Technical Trainer/Course Developer
What we are about:
Are you the type of person who enjoys solving technology problems, finding the solution to the missing piece of information and is someone who never gives up? If so our Illumio support organization is looking for someone like you to join our world class team. We are committed to delivering exceptional support to our ever-growing install base of global customers spanning the Finance, Legal, and SaaS space. Our Adaptive Segmentation Platform plays a critical role in securing their information, data, and ongoing success so your ability to quickly identify and resolve problems will be key.
We are searching for a senior technical training professional who can demonstrate an ability to think outside of the box while working under pressure. Daily you will be working with customers, account teams, and our internal software developers to create and deliver training to educate customers and employees on our Adaptive Security Platform. We can offer you exposure to cutting edge security technology with an exciting company, working alongside like-minded people who enjoy making a difference, sharing their knowledge and experiences, and building something truly great.
What you will accomplish:
Illumio is seeking an experienced Technical Trainer/Course Developer for our Global Education Services Department to deliver training to our clients, partners, and internal employees, and to assist in the development and technical review of content and labs used in Illumio training. In this position, you will:
- Deliver technical training classes in a variety of formats, including on-site instructor-led classroom and online.
- Assist in development and testing/validation of course modules and labs.
- Assist in the development of learning deliverables such as classroom, online, interactive eLearning, tutorials, videos, exams, quizzes, tests, certifications and standard course materials.
- Participate in special projects to support education initiatives.
- Assist in administrative duties as assigned.
What you will bring:
- A minimum of 5 years of technical training experience
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in routing, switching, and security
- Your expertise with Linux and Windows servers and operating systems
- Your knowledge of enterprise-level application architectures and implementation
- Your experience with server virtualization
- Your knowledge of protocols such as HTML, XML, HTTP, HTTPS, and SSL
- A solid understanding of PKI Implementations.
- Content development skills
- Solid written and verbal communication, listening and presentation skills
- Hands on experience with scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby, or Bash
- Networking and security certifications; CCIE or equivalent
- BS or Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, EC2, or Rackspace is a plus.
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite - Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Travel requirements for the position are estimated to be about 30% on average
Who We Are
Illumio, the leader in micro-segmentation, prevents the spread of breaches inside data center and cloud environments. Enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, BNP Paribas, Salesforce, and Oracle NetSuite use Illumio to reduce cyber risk and achieve regulatory compliance. The Illumio Adaptive Security Platform® uniquely protects critical information with real-time application dependency and vulnerability mapping coupled with micro-segmentation that works across any data center, public cloud, or hybrid cloud deployment on bare-metal, virtual machines, and containers. For more information, visit www.illumio.com/what-we-do or follow us @Illumio.
Back to top