Technical Marketing Engineer
Illumio delivers adaptive security for every computing environment, protecting the 80 percent of data center and cloud traffic missed by the perimeter. The company’s Adaptive Security Platform™ visualizes application traffic and delivers continuous, scalable, and dynamic policy and enforcement to every bare-metal server, VM, container, and VDI within data centers and public clouds. Using Illumio, enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, Plantronics, NTT, King Entertainment, NetSuite, and Creative Artists Agency have achieved secure application and cloud migration, environmental segmentation, compliance, and high-value application protection from breaches and threats with no changes to applications or infrastructure.
A high impact position, providing a critical bridge between the product organization (Marketing and Engineering), field (Sales and SEs) and customers. This person will be hands-on in tool development, competitive analysis, and will also spend time engaging with product management, sales, and customers to understand and highlight our unique value proposition. We are looking for a highly motivated and technical self-starter that is very experienced with a large scope of network and virtualization technologies. You will use this knowledge to develop compelling messaging, product demos, presentations, and sales training.
•Build and manage evaluation and demo environments.
• Create content to help customers understand and use product capabilities.
•Gain deep insights into the market and the competitive landscape.
•Develop and conduct technical field training for sales teams and customers.
• Participate in presales customer meetings, demos, presentations, and proof of concepts.
•Provide feedback to product line management and engineering to improve competitive positioning.
• Present to and interview customers with technical and business credibility.
• Work with diverse audiences including: Customers (practitioner to executives), Sales Organizations, and Partner business leaders.
•5+ years of hands-on security technology experience, multi-vendor highly desirable.
• 5 years of technical marketing or systems engineering experience in enterprise networking/security required.
•Strong understanding of load balancers, security (firewalls, VPNs), and cyber security.
•Knowledge of public/private clouds (AWS, Azure, VMware-based private clouds).
•Knowledge of Containers (Docker, Mesosphere, ECS) preferred.
•Able to help develop competitive strategies based on customer value.
•Strong relationship management and team skills.
•Strong written and presentation skills.
• Experience creating tools to support customer engagements and help with the evaluation and implementation of solutions.
• Design and develop technical collateral including demos, benchmarks, presentations, blogs, technical white papers, tech notes and videos.
• Create technical enablement plans and collateral for sales team.
•Previous start-up experience preferred.
Illumio eliminates the gap between the dynamic data center and the static, perimeter-centric security model. Illumio’s Adaptive Security Platform (ASP) delivers visibility and control over workloads running in any data center or cloud environment. It computes security policies and ensures they are provisioned accurately by understanding and continuously adapting to changes in the infrastructure and applications. Innovative organizations are using Illumio ASP to operate at speed, while ensuring that security keeps pace.
Back to top