Staff Innovation Engineer
What We Are About:
Illumio’s Office of the CTO Ideahive team is responsible for keeping Illumio competitive by exploring new technologies, building consensus within Illumio through POC and presentation to executives and engineering on new technologies, and help shape the product roadmap by closely working with Product Management. Ideahive team is also responsible for
What You Will Accomplish:
The Staff Innovation Engineer is a crucial member of Illumio’s Office of the CTO. It is a highly visible role providing the opportunity to work closely with E-Staff and influence Illumio product roadmap and thought leadership.
- The ideal candidate has in-depth experience in microservices, Istio, Kubernetes, Docker, RedHat OpenShift, and container orchestration platforms for public cloud provider like AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Candidate should have excellent programming, verbal and presentation skills, and be able to independently build POC applications, publish them on GitHub and provide technical support using Slack and GitHub.
- The candidate will periodically write blogs on Illumio Labs on the prototypes they built, or technical content and opinion that matters to Illumio customers or container users in general.
- The candidate will attend technical conferences, meetup, and user groups and share insights about the evolving container security landscape with internal teams and possibly blog externally.
What You Will Bring:
- Be the Office of the CTO container and microservices subject matter expert to the internal and external teams.
- Lead Ideation sessions and be vocal about the latest and greatest in the container market landscape that Illumio should be exploring.
- Quickly evaluate and prototype potential technical integration to build consensus and executive buy-in.
- Write blogs on Illumio Labs website accompanied by relevant code on Illumio Labs GitHub repositories, and present using screencast on Illumio Labs website.
- Expert level coding skills in at least one language like Python, Ruby, or Go.
- Expert level understanding in some of the following: AWS, GCP, Azure, Service Mesh, Istio, Kubernetes or similar such platforms.
- Proficient in managing opensource GitHub repositories for Illumio Labs.
Who We Are:
Illumio enables organizations to realize a future without high-profile breaches by providing visibility, segmentation, and control of all network communications across any data center or cloud. Founded in 2013, the world’s largest enterprises, including Morgan Stanley, BNP Paribas, Salesforce, and Oracle NetSuite, trust Illumio to reduce cyber risk. For more information, visit www.illumio.com/what-we-do.
Back to top