Senior Technical Writer
Illumio delivers adaptive security for every computing environment, protecting the 80 percent of data center and cloud traffic missed by the perimeter. The company’s Adaptive Security Platform™ visualizes application traffic and delivers continuous, scalable, and dynamic policy and enforcement to every bare-metal server, VM, container, and VDI within data centers and public clouds. Using Illumio, enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, Plantronics, Salesforce, King Entertainment, NetSuite, and Creative Artists Agency have achieved secure application and cloud migration, environmental segmentation, compliance, and high-value application protection from breaches and threats with no changes to applications or infrastructure. For more information, visit www.illumio.com or follow @Illumio.
In this role, you will develop quality content (written, visual, multimedia), and deliver content on schedule with product releases. In addition to producing technical manuals, the writing team produces content such as graphics, videos, animation scripts, and more. You will peer review and edit documentation created by other writers and subject matter experts in a collaborative editing environment.
The team is responsible for producing a variety of content and document types for end users, prospective customers, internal support, and professional services audiences. The technical publication team also interfaces with the UXD team and Product Management to ensure that language in the product UI (and command line) is useful, effective, and meaningful; interfaces with the support and the Knowledge team to both author and manage consistent styles for all content; and interfaces with Product Management to provide feedback on usability, understanding, and good communication of product features and content.
• 10+ years of technical writing experience
• BA/BS in Technical Communications, English, Computer Science, or equivalent subject
• Impeccable written English skills
• Strong team player with outstanding communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Ability to establish and follow style and usage guidelines
• Ability to drive, follow, and evangelize cross-team processes
• Comfort with swiftly changing, dynamic software development situations
• Significant work experience in start-ups or fast-paced enterprise technology development environments
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously
• Experience using enterprise-grade bug tracking systems, such as JIRA
• Experience working in an agile environment
• Experience developing API and SDK documentation, including knowledge of REST principles and design
• Experience with video and e-learning software or screencast recording and editing software
This position affords a great opportunity for both growth and job satisfaction at one of the best funded, highly regarded, and highly successful start-ups in Silicon Valley. Illumio's technology is poised to lead the way toward an enterprise security solution that can adapt to the new world of cyber threats, cloud migrations, and the wane of older, infrastructure-based security solutions.
Illumio's culture is best for people who like a challenge, love to learn, love to communicate, and loves to innovate creative ways of producing interesting content that helps users. The company provides a bountiful variety of perks and benefits and makes sure its employees are having fun while reaching their highest potential.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Illumio's Employees
Chief Commercial Officer
Alan’s main responsibility is overseeing the employee and customer experience with Illumio, from first impression through to long-term relationship.
Back to top