Senior Software Engineer, Policy Compute Engine
Illumio, the leader in micro-segmentation, prevents the spread of breaches inside data center and cloud environments. Enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, BNP Paribas, Salesforce, and Oracle NetSuite use Illumio to reduce cyber risk and achieve regulatory compliance. The Illumio Adaptive Security Platform® uniquely protects critical information with real-time application dependency and vulnerability mapping coupled with micro-segmentation that works across any data center, public cloud, or hybrid cloud deployment on bare-metal, virtual machines, and containers. For more information, visit www.illumio.com/what-we-do or follow us @illumio.
We are growing the core team responsible for building the Policy Compute Engine, the central brain of the Illumio Adaptive Security Platform. We are a small, highly functioning team that works to empower engineers to innovate and help design a world class product. We believe in enabling ownership at all levels of the organization and empowering teams rather relying on a centralized management body. We are looking for your ideas and your ability to design critical features and subsystems, work out all of the details, and defend the design before your peers. You will be writing non-blocking concurrent code for a distributed system that is deployed in our SaaS, inside the datacenter, and across geographic boundaries. Our guiding philosophy from the beginning is focus, get things right, and practice disciplined engineering that does not cut corners.
Technologies we use include Ruby, Redis, Postgres, NGINX, Memcached, Kubernetes/Docker, and OpenShift but we welcome people with backgrounds in other technology stacks and a strong desire to learn.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute code for Illumio’s Policy Compute Engine by creating high quality, scalable code in a distributed system.
- Own the design and implementation of critical features and subsystems within the Policy Compute Engine application running in the Illumio SaaS and customer datacenters.
- Provide ideas and leadership around building cloud ready robust applications inside Illumio.
- Work closely with a strong cross functional team with the goal of building a world class product.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 8+ years of experience with building software in distributed systems.
- Large systems software design and development experience.
- Experience with cloud application design and development
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, networking, and debugging skills.
- Experience with higher level programming languages such as Ruby, Python, or Java and demonstrated ability to learn new languages.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top