Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Illumio delivers adaptive security for every computing environment, protecting the 80 percent of data center and cloud traffic missed by the perimeter. The company’s Adaptive Security Platform™ visualizes application traffic and delivers continuous, scalable, and dynamic policy and enforcement to every bare-metal server, VM, container, and VDI within data centers and public clouds. Using Illumio, enterprises such as Salesforce, Morgan Stanley, Plantronics, NTT, King Entertainment, NetSuite, and Creative Artists Agency have achieved secure application and cloud migration, environmental segmentation, compliance, and high-value application protection from breaches and threats with no changes to applications or infrastructure.
Are you an experienced developer who has a passion for the latest cloud strategies? Do you thrive in fun yet challenging environments with complex distributed systems? If so, join us and be a key contributor in Illumio’s success.
SRE is a growing team that partners closely with Engineering and Support. We are responsible for the design, deployment, and continuous operation of the Illumio ASP cloud ecosystem. We need your help to take our existing platform to the next level with CI/CD, automated diagnostics/scaling/healing, and more.
The Sr SRE role is a blend of architecture, automation, development, and application administration. It is a hands-on technical position in a fast-paced atmosphere. The ideal candidate has prior experience managing cloud based web applications and strives to solve traditional operations problems through automation and software. More so, the candidate must possess a high standard of excellence, have a strong customer focus, and is capable of technical deep-dives into code, app servers, databases, load balancers, operating systems, and/or networks.
What we need:
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering. MS Preferred.
- Enthusiastic self starter with 5+ years industry experience
- Experience designing, building, and managing fault tolerant web platforms with 99.9+ availability in public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Able to code in one or more: Java, Python, Ruby, advanced Shell Script, other OOP language
- Able to configure and fine tune at least one: Apache HTTPD, Nginx, or similar
- Able to configure: Icinga, Splunk, New Relic, Sensu, or similar monitoring tools
- Familiar with one or more: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, or similar
- Strong user of continuous integration tools: Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Concourse, Stash/Git, or similar
- Strong understanding of DevOps practices and Object Oriented Design principles
- Participate in a 24x7 rotation for second-tier escalations
- Participates in / commits to open source projects. Speaks regularly at industry conventions and meetups. (Monitorama, SREcon, VelocityConf, Devopsdays, etc)
- Familiar with app and infra log/counter metric collection, aggregation & correlation systems: OpenTSD, KairosDB, Graphite, Elastic Search, Cassandra, Splunk, Logstash, Jut.io
Founded in January 2013, Illumio has raised $142.5 million from leading enterprise software investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Accel Partners, General Catalyst, BlackRock Funds, as well as industry leaders such as Jerry Yang, Marc Benioff and Microsoft Chairman John W. Thompson.
Meet Some of Illumio's Employees
Anand oversees the support and services Illumio customers receive post-purchase. He assists in deployment and implementation processes, as well as subsequent adaptations to each industry.
Back to top