Senior Product Marketing Manager
Illumio, the leader in micro-segmentation, prevents the spread of cyber threats inside data centers and cloud environments. Enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, BNP Paribas, Salesforce, Workday, and Oracle NetSuite use Illumio to reduce cyber risk and achieve regulatory compliance. Illumio’s Adaptive Security Platform™ uniquely protects critical information with real-time application dependency mapping and micro-segmentation that works in any data center, public cloud, or across hybrid deployments on bare-metal, virtualization, and containers. For more information about Illumio, visit www.illumio.com/what-we-do and follow us @Illumio
The Product Marketing team at Illumio focuses on understanding technology, market drivers, competition and customer needs with the responsibility of communicating product messaging and value to internal and external audiences. In this role, you will be part of a team responsible for developing positioning and differentiated messaging, defining go to market strategy, launching new solutions and driving thought leadership for the Illumio solutions. You should be willing to roll up your sleeves, dig in, learn, problem solve, be creative and do what it takes to win the market.
Key Performance Objectives
- Storytelling - Develop product positioning, value proposition and messaging that differentiates Illumio in the market.
- Sales enablement – Communicate value propositions to sales teams and develop sales materials and tools that support the selling process.
- Product launches – plan the go-to-market launch strategy for new products and releases, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Market intelligence – know the needs of our customers and prospects and be a knowledgeable authority on our competition with the ability to articulate value and differentiate our solutions.
- Competitive analysis and positioning – Understand competitive solutions and develop strategies and collateral to properly position the Illumio solution.
- Demand generation activities - Partner in demand generation activities with Marketing teams.
- Cross-Departmental collaboration – Accomplish the above by having a constant communication flow with internal groups, including Marketing, Product Management, Sales and the office of the CTO.
- Key product assets: written collateral, presentations, solution/demo videos, social media activities.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in companies focused on enterprise security, data center or cloud infrastructure.
- Track record of success and increasing responsibilities.
- Strong right brain, left brain balance — analytical + creative
- Demonstrated success of leading projects, launching products and driving product marketing activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pro-active and driven to solve problems and find innovative solutions
- Work as efficiently independently or as part of a group
- Strong project and time management skills
- Strong acumen about new technologies
- Extensive travel required.
Back to top