Senior Performance and Scale Engineer
Illumio, recently named to the CNBC Disruptor 50 list, stops cyber threats by controlling the lateral movement of unauthorized communications through its breakthrough adaptive segmentation technology. The company’s Adaptive Security PlatformTM visualizes application traffic and delivers continuous, scalable, and dynamic policy and enforcement to every bare-metal server, VM, container, and VDI within data centers and public clouds. Using Illumio, enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, Workday, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Plantronics, Salesforce, King Entertainment, NetSuite, Oak Hill Advisors, and Creative Artists Agency have achieved secure application and cloud migration, environmental segmentation, compliance and high-value application protection from breaches and threats with no changes to applications or infrastructure. For more information, visit www.illumio.com or follow us @Illumio.
Are you a highly skilled software engineer who loves to measure, analyze, debug and enhance the performance and scalability of large sophisticated distributed systems? Are you a generalist with deep technical understanding of software, hardware, and networking? Are you ready to be a part of the team that is revolutionizing security for the enterprise in the cloud era?
If the above describes you, Illumio is eager to talk! We seek a motivated, self-starting team player to lead our performance engineering team. In this role, you will work closely with development engineers, product management, and the field to measure, analyze and improve performance and capacity of the product
- Identify performance and scalability issues, and propose solutions
- Design, develop, and execute performance/scalability tests
- Data analysis
- Root cause performance bottlenecks and propose changes to fix them
- Modeling customer configurations for performance testing and capacity estimation
- Application code profiling and debugging
- System and application performance tuning
- BS in Computer Science. MS preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in: performance engineering, or system software development
- 3+ years as a lead
- Expertise in one or more of the following: Java, Python, Ruby, Bash, Perl, Scala
- Expert knowledge of Linux
Excellent written and oral communication skills and a team player
Ability to clearly characterize system performance to stakeholders
Takes ownership of tasks and drives them to completion
NICE TO HAVES
- Windows knowledge
- Git, Perforce, Subversion, or other SCM
- SQL and PostgreSQL skills or equivalent experience with noSQL databases like Redis, MongoDB, etc.
- Prior experience with Performance, Load, Stress, and Scalability Testing
- Experience with performance tools (i.e. SOAPUI/Jmeter/Loadrunner) and system tools (vmstat/top
- Experience with Web Services development (SOAP/REST)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Illumio's Employees
CEO & Founder
As chief executive officer and founder, Andrew is responsible for the overall strategy, vision, and funding of Illumio.
Back to top