Senior DevOps Engineer
Illumio delivers adaptive security for every computing environment, protecting the 80 percent of data center and cloud traffic missed by the perimeter. The company’s Adaptive Security Platform™ visualizes application traffic and delivers continuous, scalable, and dynamic policy and enforcement to every bare-metal server, VM, container, and VDI within data centers and public clouds. Using Illumio, enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, Plantronics, NTT, King Entertainment, NetSuite, and Creative Artists Agency have achieved secure application and cloud migration, environmental segmentation, compliance, and high-value application protection from breaches and threats with no changes to applications or infrastructure. For more information, visit www.illumio.com or follow @Illumio.
Are you an experienced developer who has a passion for the latest cloud strategies? Do you thrive in fun yet challenging environments with complex distributed systems? If so, join us and be a key contributor in Illumio’s success.
DevOps is a growing team that partners closely with Engineering and our Site Reliability Engineers. We are responsible for the design, deployment, and continuous operation of the Illumio ASP cloud ecosystem. We need your help to take our existing platform to the next level with CI/CD, automated diagnostics/scaling/healing, and more.
The senior role of DevOps Engineer is a blend of architecture, automation, development, and application administration. It is a hands-on technical position in a fast-paced atmosphere. The ideal candidate has prior experience managing cloud based web applications and strives to solve traditional operations problems through automation and software. More so, the candidate must possess a high standard of excellence, have a strong customer focus, and is capable of technical deep-dives into code, app servers, databases, load balancers, operating systems, and/or networks.
• BS in Computer Science or Engineering. MS Preferred.
• Enthusiastic self starter with 5+ years industry experience
• Experience designing, building, and managing fault tolerant web platforms with 99.9+ availability
• Able to code in one or more: Java, Python, Ruby, advanced Shell Script, other OOP language
• Able to configure and fine tune at least one: Apache HTTPD, Nginx, or similar
• Able to configure: Nagios/Icinga, Zabbix, New Relic, Sensu, or similar monitoring tools
• Familiar with one or more: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, or similar
• Strong user of continuous integration tools: Chef, Jenkins, Artifactory, Stash/Git, or similar
• Strong understanding of DevOps and Object Oriented Design principles
• Participate in a 24x7 rotation for secondary-tier escalations
• Participates in / commits to open source projects. Speaks regularly at industry conventions and meetups. (Monitorama, VelocityConf, Devopsdays, etc)
• Familiar with app and infra log/counter metric collection, aggregation & correlation systems: OpenTSD, KairosDB, Graphite, Elastic Search, Cassandra, Splunk, Logstash, Jut.io
Founded in January 2013, Illumio has raised $142.5 million from leading enterprise software investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Accel Partners, General Catalyst, BlackRock Funds, as well as industry leaders such as Jerry Yang, Marc Benioff and Microsoft Chairman John W. Thompson.
Back to top