Professional Services Consultant Initial engagement - Illumio Resident Engineer
“Illumio, the leader in micro-segmentation, prevents the spread of breaches inside data center and cloud environments. Enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, BNP Paribas, Salesforce, and Oracle NetSuite use Illumio to reduce cyber risk and achieve regulatory compliance. The Illumio Adaptive Security Platform® uniquely protects critical information with real-time application dependency and vulnerability mapping coupled with micro-segmentation that works across any data center, public cloud, or hybrid cloud deployment on bare-metal, virtual machines, and containers. For more information, visit www.illumio.com/what-we-do or follow us @illumio.”
Illumio is disrupting the Cyber Security space with technology that fundamentally changes how organizations protect their applications and where they can securely deploy them. Illumio is taking its first steps into Europe, to support its demanding global clients and has an immediate need for a resident engineer at a global fortune 100 company engagement. We are seeking a Professional Services Consultant, to accelerate our client’s time to value, enhance their operational efficiency and support their application delivery requirements. As Illumio grows the successful candidate is expected to grow with the company into more demanding roles. This role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to educate themselves in a new technology space.
- Act as a subject matter expert on the Illumio product set, assisting the client with the integration of the ASP into their environment.
- Manage any deployments and upgrades of the ASP, ensuring adequate timeframes and resources are provided by the client to ensure success.
- Assist in the technical review and provide guidance on change preparation related to the Illumio deployment.
- Assist with development of Illumio specific API scripts to assist in the deployment of services into, as well as ongoing monitoring and management of the Illumio ASP product.
- Provide and document best practices and recommendations on the Illumio ASP.
- Prepare and maintain project documentation related to the Illumio product set, for the duration of the engagement.
- Act as a member of the IT Security team to provide support to the Security Tooling, Security Operations Centre and Service owners teams on matters related to the Illumio implementation.
- Monitor and manage the client’s ASP deployment, including troubleshooting any observed anomalies.
- Act as an interface between the client’s teams and the Illumio product and support teams.
- Provide reporting and metrics on the Illumio deployment in the client’s environment.
- Provide Illumio documentation to the client’s internal teams to facilitate integration activities with the Illumio ASP platform.
- Development of Security Rulesets and Policies related to integrating customer services into the Illumio ASP platform.
- Assist client’s service teams with planning and execution of testing the Illumio platform.
- Knowledge transfer and education on the Illumio Product set to the client’s teams.
- Completion of required project admin documentation, such as Time Sheets and weekly reporting.
- Thorough understanding of network flows, protocols and application related security controls.
- Experience with Linux platforms, especially CentOS/Red Hat (the actual type of Linux is not that important, but most of the work would be on Red Hat.)
- Experience with Windows server platforms.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to assess issues with unfamiliar technology.
- Ability to thrive in an environment with new and evolving technology.
- Strong client facing and conflict management skills.
- Ability to interface with a client project team and deliver a calm approach to resolving issues.
- Project delivery experience a strong advantage. The ability to diffuse challenging situations and put a client at ease.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to understand how a message should be delivered, to who and when.
- Broad understanding of the following technology types: Multi-layer applications, databases, web applications, load balancing, clustering, routing/switching, IP addressing, routing and IP subnetting, PKI, firewall technologies.
- Willingness to learn; some scripting in Bash, Ruby or Python for example and scripting tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible etc.
- Existing knowledge of the Illumio product set is not required, product-specific training will be provided. Support in familiarization with the product features and capabilities will be available as the candidate gains experience and with visits to HQ in Silicon Valley.
- The ability to quickly assimilate knowledge in new products will be key.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Illumio's Employees
CEO & Founder
As chief executive officer and founder, Andrew is responsible for the overall strategy, vision, and funding of Illumio.
Back to top