Presales Systems Engineer - SoCal
Illumio delivers adaptive security for every computing environment, protecting the 80 percent of data center and cloud traffic missed by the perimeter. The company’s Adaptive Security Platform™ visualizes application traffic and delivers continuous, scalable, and dynamic policy and enforcement to every bare-metal server, VM, container, and VDI within data centers and public clouds. Using Illumio, enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, Plantronics, Salesforce, King Entertainment, NetSuite, and Creative Artists Agency have achieved secure application and cloud migration, environmental segmentation, compliance, and high-value application protection from breaches and threats with no changes to applications or infrastructure.
Systems Engineers at Illumio are a critical component of our sales force. They share a revenue target with a sales person and cover a geographic sales area of the country. In practical terms, they are responsible for product positioning, initial product education, handling objections and competitive threats, and ensuring customers have a fantastic evaluation experience. SE’s and their sales counterpoints are the “face” of Illumio to customers and they directly influence customer decisions and product deployment plans.
• 10+ years of customer-facing experience with at least 5 years in an SE role handling enterprise accounts.
• Experience selling in both a direct and an indirect or channel-driven model; with the preference being large, direct enterprise engagements.
• Experience working alongside a team of professionals in sales campaigns that include sales executives, field SE’s, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.
• Proven track record of success selling in a highly competitive, fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Experience working in a small company or a start-up, where flexibility, initiative, and ownership are keys to success.
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate and build relationships with CxO level personnel as well as technical staff
• Willing to work in a fast-paced startup environment where multiple customers and priorities will be competing for your time.
• Effective working independently and in a team setting.
Core Technical Profile:
• Experience and practically conversant with one of the following scripting languages (Power Shell, Ruby [preferred], Python, BASH, etc.) required.
• Must be able to identify customers’ technical and business objectives and be able to map Illumio’s technology to help address these goals.
• An understanding of DevOps (automation and orchestration) tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible is a plus.
• Understanding and familiarity with desktop and server virtualization platforms, including container and OpenStack solutions.
• A background in data center infrastructure, protocols, server deployments, system administration and/or technical architecture is desired. Strong background in operating system administration (LINUX and/or Windows) highly desirable.
• Familiarity with Cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure and Google Compute. Additional knowledge of popular SaaS platform architectures is ideal.
• A strong technical background in advanced networking and network security technologies such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, and Security/Trust Zones is highly desired.
• Experience with integrating heterogeneous networking and security environments.
• BA/BS degree or higher, or equivalent job related experience
Estimated travel of between 30% and 50% depending on the density and size of the territory
Meet Some of Illumio's Employees
Anand oversees the support and services Illumio customers receive post-purchase. He assists in deployment and implementation processes, as well as subsequent adaptations to each industry.
Back to top