Presales Systems Engineer - New York
Illumio delivers adaptive security for every computing environment, protecting the 80 percent of data center and cloud traffic missed by the perimeter. The company’s Adaptive Security Platform™ visualizes application traffic and delivers continuous, scalable, and dynamic policy and enforcement to every bare-metal server, VM, container, and VDI within data centers and public clouds. Using Illumio, enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, Plantronics, NTT, King Entertainment, NetSuite, and Creative Artists Agency have achieved secure application and cloud migration, environmental segmentation, compliance, and high-value application protection from breaches and threats with no changes to applications or infrastructure. For more information, visit www.illumio.com or follow @Illumio.
Systems Engineers at Illumio are a critical component of our sales force. They share a revenue target with a sales person and cover a geographic area of the country for Illumio. In practical terms, they are responsible for product positioning, initial product education, handling objections and competitive threats, and ensuring customers have a fantastic evaluation experience. SE’s and their sales counterpoints are the “face” of Illumio to customers and they directly influence customer decisions and product deployment plans.
• 10+ years of customer-facing experience with at least 5 years in an SE role handling enterprise accounts
• Experience selling in both a direct and an indirect or channel-driven model
• Experience working alongside a team of professionals in sales campaigns that include sales executives, field SE’s, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.
• Proven track record of success selling in a highly competitive environment
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact, communicate and build relationships with CxO level personnel as well as technical staff
• Must be willing to work in a fast-paced startup environment where multiple customers and priorities will be competing for your time
• Must be effective working independently and in a team setting.
• Must have customers that can vouch for your technical and interpersonal skills and viewed you as their trusted advisor.
Core Technical Profile:
• Strong technical background in advanced networking and security.
Additionally, a background in data center infrastructure, operating systems (Windows, Linux), server deployments, DevOps, system administration and/or technical architecture is preferred. Preferably the candidate would be experienced with these same concepts in a virtualized or cloud environment as well.
• Network Security Tools such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, and Security/Trust Zones.
• Must be able to translate a product’s technical features into unique business value.
Expected General Background (the successful candidate will possess substantial knowledge/experience in most of these areas, with deep concentrations in several)
• Routers, switches, load balancers, and other networking and security components from a variety of vendors.
• VLANs, VPN, Unicast vs Multicast, Management Networks, IP subnetting, and network design.
• Proven experience and deep knowledge of the networking technologies and vendors such as Cisco, F5, VMware, Riverbed, Force10, Vyatta/Brocade, A10 Networks, Arista, Infoblox, and Palo Alto Networks
• Experience with integrating heterogeneous networking and security environments
• Understanding and familiarity with virtualization platforms and solutions, particularly VMware ESX/ESXi and vCenter
• Understanding of Orchestration tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
• Familiar and preferably experience with scripting (Ruby [preferred], Python, Linux [Bash], etc.)
• Basic familiarity with systems/application management concepts, processes and standards (e.g. SNMP for health monitoring)
•BA/BS degree or higher, or equivalent job related experience
•Estimated travel of between 30% and 50% depending on the density and size of the territory
Back to top