Pre-Sales Systems Engineer - Global Channels
Illumio, recently named to the CNBC Disruptor 50 list, stops cyber threats by controlling the lateral movement of unauthorized communications through its breakthrough adaptive segmentation technology. The company’s Adaptive Security Platform™ visualizes application traffic and delivers continuous, scalable, and dynamic policy and enforcement to every bare-metal server, VM, container, and VDI within data centers and public clouds. Using Illumio, enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, Plantronics, Salesforce, King Entertainment, NetSuite, Oak Hill Advisors, and Creative Artists Agency have achieved secure application and cloud migration, environmental segmentation, compliance and high-value application protection from breaches and threats with no changes to applications or infrastructure. For more information, visit www.illumio.com or follow us @Illumio
As an Illumio Channel Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for representing Illumio at most strategic and impactful channel partners. You will be tasked with delivering pre-sales training, best practices, and demonstrations of Illumio’s solutions in person and remotely. As an extended member of the Sales and Channel team, the Channel SE will align with the Illumio’s Channel team in the region to create, update and deliver the partner technical enablement strategy.
Major Performance Objectives:
- Build relationships with key partner SEs within geography and assigned partner base
- Own, monitor, report on, and drive technical enablement activities for assigned partner base
- Deliver effective demos, best practices session & workshops, and POCs as needed
- Provide on the job training for partner SEs by allowing partner SE to shadow presentations and evaluation installations.
- Present at channel driven marketing activities on an as needed basis.
- Assist in the selling effort to partner technical resources during new partner recruitment
Key Tasks in achieving performance objectives:
- Demonstrate the key capabilities of the Illumio ASP while highlighting the effective use-cases around adaptive segmentation.
- Scope, focus, identify the success criteria and project manage proof of concepts
- Assist channel partners standing up the PCE for PoCs and help pair the initial Linux and Windows workloads
- Position Illumio product capabilities and strengths while laying out traps and pitfalls for competitors
- Provide crisp feedback to product management on new feature requirements and product enhancements
- Whiteboard the comparison between the legacy security architecture and the new micro-segmentation architecture
- Tailor and present the results of the PoC to both a technical and business audience
- Responsible for the “Technical Win”, which includes technical discovery of segmentation requirements, crafting a technical message that is pertinent and compelling to each customer, building trusted relationships with the key technical constituents, successfully winning the mindshare of the key sponsors
- Teach the customer how to pair workloads, write rules using the native language policy, and exercise the API
- Conduct classroom or on demand technical training to the channel partners in order to “train the trainer”
- Provide sales demonstrations and presentations at large security industry events
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Illumio's Employees
Chief Commercial Officer
Alan’s main responsibility is overseeing the employee and customer experience with Illumio, from first impression through to long-term relationship.
Back to top