Major Account Manager - Southeast
Illumio delivers adaptive security for every computing environment, protecting the 80 percent of data center and cloud traffic missed by the perimeter. The company’s Adaptive Security Platform™ visualizes application traffic and delivers continuous, scalable, and dynamic policy and enforcement to every bare-metal server, VM, container, and VDI within data centers and public clouds. Using Illumio, enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, Plantronics, NTT, King Entertainment, NetSuite, and Creative Artists Agency have achieved secure application and cloud migration, environmental segmentation, compliance, and high-value application protection from breaches and threats with no changes to applications or infrastructure. For more information, visit www.illumio.com or follow @Illumio.
Illumio focuses its efforts on major accounts in multiple segments that span Financial Services, Retail, Logistics, Healthcare, Oil and Gas, Automotive, Manufacturing and others. These accounts can be global in nature and require a multi-tiered relationship with Illumio to help solve critical business challenges with our Adaptive Security Platform (ASP).
This position requires a strong aptitude for identifying and mapping specific client needs to a set of business and technology architectures. Critical success factors are building relationships with primary influencers in the decision process, and leading internal cross functional teams towards Customer Success. This is a great chance to apply your management and sales skills and experience working with a world-class enterprise team in a role with high visibility and impact.
You will be responsible for managing your territory to deliver above quota sales performance. Illumio’s go-to-market focuses on a high-touch direct sales model for major accounts that is complimented with security focused channel partners to serve the mid-market.
The ideal candidates will have experience selling network infrastructure based security solutions including but not limited to: Firewalls, SSL/IPSec VPNs, Security Caches. Additionally, you should possess practical knowledge and experience with routing and switching products and cloud computing solutions utilizing DevOps tools for automation and orchestration. You must have exceptional relationships at all levels within your customer base.
Role & Responsibilities
Focusing on the Data Center domain the Major Account Manager will:
● Establish strong consultant-like relationships with Execs in both business and technical organizations.
● Articulate Illumio’s value proposition to the customer and translate Illumio’s technology products into innovative solution sets with developed and sound business cases that effectively persuade the client to invest in these products/services.
● Develop and execute both short and long-term engagement model between engineering, the customer, and the account team to create demand for new investment opportunities within Illumio.
● Play a lead role in helping define and articulate the ongoing Illumio value proposition for the Customer. Ability to map to key customer asks and new business opportunities.
● Minimum of 7-10 years successful sales experience managing a large strategic account, building and developing outcome-based relationships to a CXO level in a growing business environment; experience must be in a technical sales organization that included account managers and systems engineers.
● Customer experience, developing mid and long term strategy, budgeting and other business needs.
● Demonstrated success with managing large accounts, including forecasting, quota attainment/overachievement, sales presentations, short term, midterm, and long-term opportunity management, experience working with partners and integrators highly desired.
● Strong technical/business knowledge with complementary skills to understand customer’s business drivers in Data Center domain.
Back to top