Escalation Engineer -Network Security
Illumio, the leader in micro-segmentation, prevents the spread of cyber threats inside data centers and cloud environments. Enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, BNP Paribas, Salesforce, Workday, and Oracle NetSuite use Illumio to reduce cyber risk and achieve regulatory compliance. Illumio’s Adaptive Security Platform™ uniquely protects critical information with real-time application dependency mapping and micro-segmentation that works in any data center, public cloud, or across hybrid deployments on bare-metal, virtualization, and containers. For more information about Illumio, visit www.illumio.com/what-we-do and follow us @Illumio.
- As an early member of the support team, you will work with industry leading customers in maintaining Illumio’s technology deployments.
- You will be responsible for logging and updating cases, informing customers of the case status and providing solution(s) as they become known, in a professional, timely manner, over the lifetime of the support request.
- Escalation Engineers need to understand customer systems and configurations. Be analyze problems/defects and recommend solutions.
- Be able to work closely with external customers, other support engineers, Development, Sales and others as needed, to gain knowledge and provide solutions.
- Ability to set customer expectations appropriately and accurately.
- As this is the first Support position in this geography, the ability to grow with the company as it expands in the region will give great opportunities to the right person.
- Able to travel once per quarter to California HQ.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a technical support position.
- Knowledge and experience of cyber security environments.
- Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux/MS platforms and other related areas.
- Networking expertise required.
- AIX or Solaris exposure a plus.
- Highly analytical with the ability to derive facts quickly, methodically, and accurately.
- Experience solving product and network issues of low to high complexity, while acting as a focal point for Customer problems.
- Experience configuring and utilizing complex lab setups to duplicate and solve Customer reported problems, sometimes working directly with a geographically disperse Development team.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Bash, Ruby, Python or similar scripting experience.
• Comfortable with Linux shell, security mechanisms, network configuration, and basic system administration.
• Extensive experience with enterprise security software and hardware (installing, configuring and troubleshooting).
• Experience with firewall, IDS, VPN, etc. configuration and troubleshooting.
• Familiarity with network troubleshooting tools like Wireshark, tcpdump etc.
• Familiarity with Virtualization technologies such as VMware.
• Good knowledge of networks and common networking protocols.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top