Escalation Engineer - Network Security
Illumio, recently named to the CNBC Disruptor 50 list, stops cyber threats by controlling the lateral movement of unauthorized communications through its breakthrough adaptive segmentation technology. The company’s Adaptive Security PlatformTM visualizes application traffic and delivers continuous, scalable, and dynamic policy and enforcement to every bare-metal server, VM, container, and VDI within data centers and public clouds. Using Illumio, enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, Workday, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Plantronics, Salesforce, King Entertainment, NetSuite, Oak Hill Advisors, and Creative Artists Agency have achieved secure application and cloud migration, environmental segmentation, compliance and high-value application protection from breaches and threats with no changes to applications or infrastructure. For more information, visit www.illumio.com or follow us @Illumio.
• As an early member of the support team, you will work with industry leading customers in maintaining Illumio’s technology deployments.
• Individual will be responsible for logging and updating cases, informing customers of the status and providing solution(s) as they become known, in a professional timely fashion, over the lifetime of the support request.
• Escalation Engineers should understand customer system, configuration, analyze problems, identify defects and recommend solutions.
• Work closely with customers, other support engineers, development, sales and others as needed, to gain knowledge and provide solutions.
• Setting customer expectations appropriately and accurately is also required.
• As this is the first Support position in this geography, the ability to grow with the company as it expands in the region will give great opportunities to the right person.
• Able to travel once per quarter to California HQ.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a technical support position, preferably with a networking technology company.
• Knowledge and experience of cyber security environments.
• Deep knowledge of UNIX/Linux/MS platforms and other related areas. Networking expertise required. AIX or Solaris exposure a plus.
• Highly analytical with the ability to derive facts quickly, methodically, and accurately.
• This is a customer-facing role where you will work to solve product and network problems of low to high complexity and act as a focal point for Customer network problem resolution.
• As an Escalation Engineer, you must be able to effectively configure and utilize complex lab setups to duplicate and solve Customer reported problems, sometimes working directly with Development in California.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Bash, Ruby, Python or similar scripting experience.
• Comfortable with Linux shell, security mechanisms, network configuration, and basic system administration.
• Extensive experience with enterprise security software and hardware (installing, configuring and troubleshooting).
• Experience with firewall, IDS, VPN, etc. configuration and troubleshooting.
• Familiarity with network troubleshooting tools like wireshark, tcpdump etc.
• Familiarity with Virtualization technologies such as VMware.
• Good knowledge of networks and common networking protocols.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Illumio's Employees
CEO & Founder
As chief executive officer and founder, Andrew is responsible for the overall strategy, vision, and funding of Illumio.
Back to top