Director, Product Management, Policy and Workload Management
“Illumio, the leader in micro-segmentation, prevents the spread of breaches inside data center and cloud environments. Enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, BNP Paribas, Salesforce, and Oracle NetSuite use Illumio to reduce cyber risk and achieve regulatory compliance. The Illumio Adaptive Security Platform® uniquely protects critical information with real-time application dependency and vulnerability mapping coupled with micro-segmentation that works across any data center, public cloud, or hybrid cloud deployment on bare-metal, virtual machines, and containers. For more information, visit www.illumio.com/what-we-do or follow us @illumio.”
As the Director of Product Management, you will own and drive the product strategy and roadmap for policy and workload management area of a highly innovative, disruptive product that solves real security challenges for some of the most complex enterprises in the world. You will work with a team of extraordinary designers and engineers in a thriving, agile development environment to envision and create key solutions for customer problems.
Major Performance Objectives
- Drive business initiatives through product strategy, product roadmap, product definition and ultimately, shipping product that delights our customers
- Fully own the product area of Policy and Workload Management which includes Label-based Policy, Container-Level Segmentation, Adaptive User Segmentation, and Transport and Tunnel mode IPsec capabilities.
- Quickly earn the status of “subject matter expert” with your colleagues in Engineering (Dev, QA and UX) through deep interaction and hands-on collaboration
- Quickly earn the status of “go to” person with your colleagues in customer-facing roles (Sales, SE, Support, Customer Success and PS)
Key tasks in achieving performance objectives
- Be a guiding light for multiple scrum teams, recruit them into your product vision, and prioritize backlog to deliver four releases a year to the market.
- Roll up your sleeves to define, prioritize and communicate product requirements and corresponding acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with customers and get instant feedback – drive that feedback into PRDs, epics and user stories for the scrum teams.
- Envelope yourself with Illumio’s awesome sales teams and make them successful.
- Author insightful presentations, papers, and blog entries with Illumio’s marketing team based on the solutions you are creating with your scrum teams.
- Build and lead a small team of product managers to scale the organization
- You have prioritized strategic and tactical features of a product based on inputs from market, competition, customers, fields, and engineering
- Strong understanding of data center networking and security technologies.
- Knowledge of public/private clouds (AWS, Azure, Vmware-based private clouds)
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Previous start-up experience preferred
- 5 years of product management experience in enterprise networking/security required. Additional experience in technical marketing or systems engineering preferred.
- MBA preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top