Customer Success Advisor - West
Illumio delivers adaptive security for every computing environment, protecting the 80 percent of data center and cloud traffic missed by the perimeter. The company’s Adaptive Security Platform™ visualizes application traffic and delivers continuous, scalable, and dynamic policy and enforcement to every bare-metal server, VM, container, and VDI within data centers and public clouds. Using Illumio, enterprises such as Morgan Stanley, Plantronics, Salesforce, King Entertainment, NetSuite, and Creative Artists Agency have achieved secure application and cloud migration, environmental segmentation, compliance, and high-value application protection from breaches and threats with no changes to applications or infrastructure. For more information, visit www.illumio.com or follow @Illumio.
As a Customer Success Advisor (CSA), you are a critical part of the Customer Success Organization reporting to the Head of Customer Success. Your role will be directly tied to value generation for our customers, by helping them develop the right strategy to onboard, adopt, and successfully utilize Illumio's products to achieve their desired outcomes. The results of a CSA's efforts should lead to healthy, adopted, referenceable customers that achieved value based outcomes and are eager to expand their use of Illumio across their organization.
The CSA will need to develop cross-functional knowledge that spans IT Security, IT Operations, Infrastructure, and Application Portfolio Management practices. Your ability to partner with all team within Illumio (like Sales, Professional Services, Support, Product Management, Engineering, Office of the CTO, etc) to drive a strategic roadmap for your customers will be vital to your success.
Major Performance Objectives
Customer Adoption - inspect customer adoption issues and run specific plans to increase adoption health where required to ensure that all customers are wildly successful with Illumio's platform
Renewals - tie adoption health to renewal and ensure that value is being delivered such that customers can quantify and justify renewing their investment with Illumio
Expansion - partner with Sales to identify expansion opportunities and ensure we realize the expansion sales potential within your portfolio
Key tasks in achieving performance objectives
- Establish “trusted advisor” relationships with the management and technical teams on the customer side while working seamlessly with our account team to extend Illumio’s reputation and position as a vendor.
- Conduct a commercial teaching conversation with customers to provide the best products and services that will yield them the highest value
- Build a strategic roadmap for every customer that defines how they should consume and adopt Illumio’s products to meet their desired outcomes
- Partner with sales organization to bring relevant success stories forward and help prospects understand the “art of the possible”
- Lead design and architecture efforts to ensure that the right solution is being put in place for a customer and that best practice recommendations are being brought forward in a thoughtful manner
- Position and scope the right services offerings to your customers based on their needs and level of adoption maturity
- Monitor the Adoption Health across all accounts within your portfolio and generate a quarterly improvement plan to drive adoption score increases
- Marshall the support of a cross-functional organization to successfully onboard a customer quickly and with the highest quality possible.
- Drive higher customer satisfaction across your portfolio as evident by the average NPS score for the portfolio that will be inspected quarterly
- Establish, confirm and document the “definition of success” with the customer executive sponsor. Constantly update the roadmap to reflect current state.
- Identify product or feature gaps, coordinate responses and timelines with the Illumio product team and successfully position delivery within the project.
- Host internal and customer-facing kickoff meetings and establish expectations and obtain necessary resources and support for this project
- Advise and consult on best-practices, lessons learned, and strategies that will provide maximum benefit to our customers as they adopt our adaptive security platform
- Identify expansion opportunities for Illumio and position our technology favorably
- Capture and document Customer Use Cases, value stories, and other useful information to help contribute to, and increase the depth of our Customer Success repository
- Assume ownership for the accounts beyond implementation and host at least quarterly business reviews (QBR) with customers to ensure consistent touch with Executive Sponsors, Champions, and other key stakeholders within the portfolio
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Illumio's Employees
CEO & Founder
As chief executive officer and founder, Andrew is responsible for the overall strategy, vision, and funding of Illumio.
Back to top