Manager, Quality Engineering
- Dublin, OH
Manager, Quality Engineering
At IGS, we leverage Agile and Lean techniques, such as acceptance test-driven development, continuous integration, and story-based iterative development. As a Quality Engineer Manager, you will coach and coordinate the workload for a group of Quality Engineers in a fast-paced Agile environment. Quality Engineers at IGS are involved in all phases of software development, from requirements definition to production releases. They are embedded in cross-function teams of analysts, developers, product managers, and testing staff, collectively striving to quickly deliver high-quality, high-value software. This contrasts to most other environments where the culture encourages "throwing the code over the wall" for QA's and QE's to test. We work in an environment that encourages individual initiative, leadership at all levels, and team-based continuous improvement void of hierarchy and bureaucracy. At times you may be asked to balance hands-on development along with leadership responsibilities. However, your most important responsibility will be building a team emphasizing a culture of excellence, high-performance, and continuous improvement.
- Develop a team of world class quality engineers
- Lead, motivate, and engage team members to cultivate a culture of excellence
- Lead the development & standardization of the Quality Engineer discipline and procedures
- Ensure technical debt is kept low by maintaining a clean, quality code base
- Mentor and conduct code reviews for less senior Quality Engineers
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of a Ruby Automation framework to support the testing strategy for new and existing development
- Assist application developers and technical support staff in defect root cause analysis and resolutions
- Escalate testing bottle necks that may impact project timeline
- Participate in the off-hour production releases as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of Quality Engineer or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of engineers required
- Enthusiastic self-starter capable of quickly taking ownership of features, applications, and systems
- Decisiveness, good judgment, analytical/math/strategic aptitude and problem-solving skills to act with authority and take risks in an environment with little direction from others.
- Excellent written and oral communicator with strong organizational savvy skills necessary to interface with and influence all levels of organization.
- Knowledge of business analysis methodologies, procedures, and development tools.
- Outstanding leadership, teamwork, mentoring, and development abilities in conjunction with company standards.
- Very strong technical skills, specifically an in-depth knowledge of Ruby, Cucumber, and Implementing Frameworks
- General understanding of application programming, database, and system design.
- Experience with ATDD in an Agile/Lean development environment desired
- Experience in Implementing Ruby Automation into systems where it did not exist
- Ability to independently plan, prioritize and perform software testing for complex systems within general guidelines with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and own system quality with a sense of urgency to meet aggressive project timelines
Back to top