This Claims Specialist handles customer enrollments and inquiries, claims processing, and contractor dispatching. Training hours are Monday thru Friday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm; work schedule will be Monday thru Friday 11:00 am to 8:00 pm, with one Saturday required (candidate availability must be between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm).
Customer Call Duties
- Interact with current and potential customers via telephone.
- Provide customers with product information on Home Warranty programs.
- Maintain satisfactory knowledge of service agreements.
- Enroll customers in IGS programs via phone, mail, or email requests.
- Handle claim calls including interacting with customers, verifying customers' eligibility to file claims, verifying all facts related to claims and filing claims into the company's claim system.
- Inform customers of repair or replacement procedures for a covered claim.
- Locate and dispatch contractors to repair or replace covered lines or systems and inform customers accordingly.
- Navigate systems, procedures and other resources to provide accurate and timely resolutions to customer inquiries, claims or program related complaints.
- Achieves all customer experience and sales standards set for the department by following the established departmental goals, policies and procedures.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Schedule repairs, complete and distribute claim forms, and provide contractors with appropriate authorization information to execute repairs.
- Maintain contact and follow-up with the contractor and customer throughout the claim process to ensure efficient repair or replacement.
- Review claims over the authorization limit level, review claim amount to verify additional costs, and provide appropriate approval for plan limit.
- Handle claims and escalated customer calls on assigned dates after business hours
- Experience with customer service in a phone center environment.
- Strong reasoning, decision making, and communication skills.
- Organized and detail oriented with excellent problem solving abilities.
- Experience with third party service relationships.
- Able to empathize, listen and assist customers during the claim process.
- Operate effectively in a team environment.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities and handles pressure.
- May be required to participate in certain insurance classes or obtain a Property & Casualty license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Exposure to call center/customer service environment preferred.
- Prior experience in claims processing is a plus.
Meet Some of IGS's Employees
Colleen M.Commercial Solar Analyst
Colleen ensures IGS' solar projects, which are spread across the country, last their full lifetime. Her passion for advancing the future of renewable energy was visible since the the beginning of her career as an intern.
Back to top