Technical Operations Engineer
IgnitionOne, a global leader in cloud-based digital marketing technology, is seeking an experienced Operations Engineer who can come into a dynamic team and share the responsibility for overall operations and support of production data networks including private and public cloud. The role is expected to initiate and manage necessary corrective action to insure optimal network and server performance, coordinate network management activity, assist with infrastructure planning, design and development, provide support for all matters related to the network or network components and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies. This will include installation, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, backup, and maintenance of a variety of networking hardware and security platforms. The Operations Engineer will also help to support the 2500+ virtual machine environment. All members of the Engineering team are expected to be able to jump in on customer issues as they arise. This includes interfacing with our DevOps, Dev, and other internal teams. In addition, all members are expected to participate in an on call rotation. The Operations Engineer will report to the Manager of Infrastructure Operations.
- Responsible for the design, engineering, installation and maintenance of one or several of the following disciplines: Local and Wide Area Networks, Load-Balancers, security Appliances, VPN technologies (ipsec, remote access), and Wireless Networks
- Install, support and configure routers, switches, load-balancers, and security appliances. Provide ongoing network maintenance, including updates and security patches
- Monitor, evaluate, and solve potential network performance issues.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to the installation, administration, and maintenance of network and systems infrastructure
- Network monitoring, management and troubleshooting with various tools including Tcpdump, Gor, Solarwinds Orion NPM, Netflow Traffic Analyzer and protocol analyzer
- Design, implement, and support our Amazon Web Services VPCs, ELBs, VPNs.
- Install and maintain virtual machine infrastructure including, but not limited to both Debian, Ubuntu, Redhat, Amazon Linux
- Perform OS and application hardening by installing security-related patches.
- Perform system management: disk , file system, and volume management
- Available on-call to assist with trouble tickets as needed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years LAN/WAN experience
- 6+ years experience with Bash, Go, or other Linux scripting
- 6+ years experience with the setup, troubleshooting, and administration of Linux systems
- 3+ years utilizing Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or other configuration management tooling
- Demonstrated proficiency with Cisco, Arista, and HP switches and routers
- Experience with A10, NGINX, and Cisco load-balancers is a plus
- Experience with VMWare, AWS, Xen, KVM, or other SDDC related technologies
- Experience with cloud computing – AWS, Azure, Google
- Familiarity with general system administration functions, including, but not limited to: DHCP, DNS, RADIUS, scripting, etc.
- Solid experience with all aspects of firewall/security administration, including, but not limited to: Cisco ASA and FWSM, Fortinet FortiGate; F5 AFM, A10 WAF, IDS/IPS systems, and general knowledge of security features and protocols
- Dynamic Routing protocols (EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, etc.)
- Experience with network performance monitoring and capacity planning
- Ability to resolve complex problems through the use of troubleshooting skills and protocol analysis using packet captures
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
MORE ABOUT IGNITIONONE:
IgnitionOne currently scores over 300 million users monthly in 75 countries and powers more than $30 billion in revenue each year for leading brands, including General Motors, CenturyLink, Bridgestone, La Quinta and Fiat, as well as advertising agencies such as 360i, GroupM and iProspect.With a global footprint of over 450 employees in 17 offices across 10 countries, IgnitionOne is one of the largest independent marketing technology companies in the world.
Come work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment alongside some of the smartest thought leaders in advertising technology. Be the member of a team that delivers innovative marketing technology that simplifies marketers’ lives and drives performance to new heights. Have fun collaborating on ground-breaking, challenging assignments where your opinion matters, you grow professionally and high performers are recognized and rewarded. And join a company on the cutting edge of digital marketing and technology that is regularly honored with awards and has been featured in major news media such as WSJ, NYT, Bloomberg, AdAge, ADWEEK and more.
IgnitionOne retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
IgnitionOne provides equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
Meet Some of IgnitionOne's Employees
Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer, Rez handles some of the development work on the software that clients use to manage their ad campaigns on our site.
Back to top