Software Engineer - Scala / Akka
- Atlanta, GA
IgnitionOne’s leading Customer Intelligence Platform empowers marketers to find and engage their most valuable customers across channels using a data-driven approach. By focusing on cross-channel scoring and robust personalization, IgnitionOne’s technology provides real-time, actionable insights for smarter marketing decisions and omnichannel engagement to maximize overall results.
IgnitionOne is one of the largest independent marketing technology companies in the world, currently scoring over 600 million users monthly in 75 countries and powering more than $60 billion in revenue each year for leading brands, including General Motors, CenturyLink, La Quinta and Acer, as well as advertising agencies such as 360i, GroupM and Zenith Media.
Education, Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or its equivalent in education and experience. We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience in the following software/tools:
- Must have experience building data processing pipelines, streaming using Scala-Akka Framework as well as Batch using Spark
- Experience in Messaging Frameworks (preferably Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience in JVM-based languages both object-oriented and functional programming (preferably Scala and Java)
- Deep understanding of relational as well as NoSQL data stores (preferable: Snowflake, PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Elastic Search, Redis) and experience with NoSQL high performance/volume design patterns
- Experience with AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, EMR, RDS etc
- Experience consuming data from web services, REST and SOAP, HTML, XML and JSON
- Experience working with real-time and high-volume (TB) datasets.
- Hands on experience with Mircroservices based ETL architecture (preferably spring cloud data flow)
- Knowledge of cloud and distributed systems principles, including load balancing, networking, scaling, and in-memory versus disk.
- Hands on experience of version control systems such as Git, Bitbucket
- Experience with automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with infrastructure automation & orchestration technologies like Docker and Kuberenetes
- Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Jenkins etc
- Strong scripting ability in BASH/ Python
IgnitionOne retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
IgnitionOne provides equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
Back to top