Software Engineer - Display AdTech
IgnitionOne simplifies life for marketers, providing deeper insights and robust targeting of individuals through the use of proprietary engagement scoring and integrated marketing and advertising solutions. The IgnitionOne DMS is full-featured digital marketing hub which significantly improves performance across all devices and channels. IgnitionOne allows marketers to better understand their customers and activate personalized 1:1 messaging across search, display, social, mobile, email, and website personalization. With a global footprint of over 450 employees in 17 offices across 10 countries, IgnitionOne is one of the largest independent marketing technology companies in the world.
IgnitionOne currently scores over 300 million consumers monthly in 75 countries and powers more than $60 billion in revenue each year for leading brands, including General Motors, CenturyLink, Bridgestone, La Quinta and Fiat, as well as advertising agencies such as 360i, GroupM and iProspect.
This is for IgnitionOne’s Display advertising core product line. We are looking for a talented engineer that can lead teams and innovate around core aspects of our product. The RTB team focuses on the design and development of real-time bidding (RTB) software for programmatic Display advertising as well as service-oriented architecture (SOA) and UI development. You will collaborate with our data architecture team to define service requirements and establish best practices and patterns across the enterprise. We want individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit, who thrive on challenges and have superior communication skills.
- Contribute to the overall architecture direction, introducing new technologies, helping to focus technology direction and provide leadership for technology selection and how technology ideas fit into the overall technology roadmap
- Oversee the design & development of our Real-Time Bidding platform and team
- Collaborate and mentor peers and other teams to achieve project goals
- Drive collaboration and cross-team communication
- Drive adoption of key software best practices in all deliveries including design review, code reviews, unit testing, documentation, fluid interactions across teams & disciplines
Experience and Skills
- Significant software development experience including 5+ years leading team
- 7+ years of Java server experience in a Lead or Architect role
- Experience with real-time code design and development
- Strong software architecture and design skills
- Distributed/asynchronous Java application implementation and design (Netty, Java sockets, non-blocking java, parallel processing, threading, etc)
- Knowledge of Java internals and Java performance tuning and extremely high volumes (GC, JVM tuning, Context Management)
- Strong understanding of distributed systems
- Broad experience in development technologies (e.g. Spring, JDBC, Linux, SQL and NoSQL)
- BS in Computer Science (MS/PhD preferred)
- Expertise with caching (Redis, Memcached), Data Pipelines (Kafka, AWS Kinesis), or Complex Event processing (Apache Storm, Esper)
IgnitionOne retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
IgnitionOne provides equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
Meet Some of IgnitionOne's Employees
Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer, Rez handles some of the development work on the software that clients use to manage their ad campaigns on our site.
Back to top