Senior Systems Administrator
IgnitionOne offers technology and services that help marketers win. The company focuses on intelligent audience creation, real-time cross-channel scoring, and robust optimization – providing a layer for smarter marketing decisions and deeper insights, whether you use native IgnitionOne solutions such as Search, Display, Email, and Website Personalization – or the marketing technology you already have. With a global footprint of hundreds of employees in 10 countries, IgnitionOne is one of the largest independent marketing technology companies in the world, currently scoring over 300 million users monthly in 75 countries and powering more than $60 billion in revenue each year for leading brands, including General Motors, CenturyLink, La Quinta and Acer, as well as advertising agencies such as 360i, GroupM and ZenithOptimedia. Work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment alongside some of the smartest thought leaders in advertising technology. Be the member of a team that delivers innovative marketing technology that simplifies marketers’ lives and drives performance to new heights. Have fun collaborating on ground-breaking, challenging assignments where your opinion matters, you grow professionally and high performers are recognized and rewarded. And join a company on the cutting edge of digital marketing and technology that is regularly honored with awards and has been featured in major news media such as WSJ, NYT, Bloomberg, AdAge, ADWEEK and more.
The Infrastructure Operations team is responsible for implementing and maintaining all physical and virtual infrastructure. The team as a whole covers a broad range of technologies comprising of systems, networks, storage, and other hardware devices. The Senior Operations Engineer’s primary responsibility will be implementing and maintaining physical and virtual servers in both physical and cloud datacenters. This includes installing and configuring multiple distributions of Linux, Windows, and any supporting hardware. This position will have a heavy focus on systems automation and scripting.
- Install and maintain virtual machine infrastructure including, but not limited to, Linux and Windows systems
- Maintain and configure HP BL/DL hardware
- Create and maintain Puppet infrastructure for systems provisioning
- Perform OS tasks including kernel tuning, network settings, and other configuration tasks
- Provide Linux package management for RedHat and Debian based distributions
- Design and implement OS hardening procedures.
- Perform system and network security analysis and remediation.
- Provide guidance for junior team members
- Participate in tier 2 on-call rotation
Experience and Skills
- BS in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience with the setup, troubleshooting, and administration of Linux systems
- 3+ years experience with Linux scripting
- 3+ years experience with basic Windows system and Active Directory administration
- 3+ years experience with AWS administration
- 3+ years experience with automation technologies such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- 1+ years experience administering VMware clusters
- Experience with Xen, KVM, or any other virtualization technology a plus
- Experience with large environment setup and maintenance (3000+ servers) a plus
- Knowledge of network equipment such as F5, A10, or Cisco a plus
- Experience with containers on docker or Kubernetes a plus
- Self-starter and motivated to learn and grow
IgnitionOne retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
IgnitionOne provides equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
Meet Some of IgnitionOne's Employees
Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer, Rez handles some of the development work on the software that clients use to manage their ad campaigns on our site.
Back to top