Senior Software Engineer (Java)
IgnitionOne’s leading Customer Intelligence Platform empowers marketers to find and engage their most valuable customers across channels using a data-driven approach. By focusing on cross-channel scoring and robust personalization, IgnitionOne’s technology provides real-time, actionable insights for smarter marketing decisions and omnichannel engagement to maximize overall results.
IgnitionOne is one of the largest independent marketing technology companies in the world, currently scoring over 600 million users monthly in 75 countries and powering more than $60 billion in revenue each year for leading brands, including General Motors, CenturyLink, La Quinta and Acer, as well as advertising agencies such as 360i, GroupM and Zenith Media.
We’re looking for a seasoned software developer to join our team. We have an exciting opportunity to apply the latest technologies and tools for building high performance, scalable big-data solutions. Our team is responsible for the Audience Console, a key product within the IgnitionOne Digital Marketing Suite. We are rewriting the Audience Console as a reactive application using Java and using toolkit such as Vertx and leveraging stream processing using tools (e.g. Apache Storm, Kafka Streams etc) and the stack rounds out with Kafka, Cassandra, and PostgreSQL
Our rich web applications are based on Angular.js and Bootstrap. While we have a dedicated UX development team that does the heavy lifting, you will at times be responsible for UX feature enhancements in addition to all server side development.
As a member of our team, you will use these technologies on projects that make a tremendous difference to our customers, and break new ground in the digital marketing space. There is immense opportunity before us, and so we move fast and employ agile development practices to fulfill our growing product vision.
Our Akron office is casual and located downtown, in an historic BF Goodrich building complex alongside the Towpath Trail and Ohio-Erie Canal. Other perks include breakfast on Friday’s, occasional catered lunches, company provided snacks, drinks, work from home days and free access to Cross Fit and yoga classes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 5+ years Java development experience
- Database design skills (SQL and/or NOSQL)
- Experience building RESTful services
- Experience developing distributed, asynchronous solutions
- Open to new ideas and technologies with a strong desire to learn
- Comfortable working with geographically distributed teams
- Experience working in cross-functional Agile/Scrum teams
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Java 8
- Containers (preferably Docker)
- Continuous Integration/Deployment - DevOps mindset
- Build and deployment tools such as Maven and Jenkins.
- Other open source languages, libraries, development tools
- Virtualization and provisioning automation (Vagrant, VirtualBox, Chef)
- *nix familiarity
- Git or other modern version control system
- Stream processing such as Apache Storm, Kafka Streams, etc
- Designing applications that scale horizontally
- Writing response time sensitive web endpoints (ms response times)
Even better if you have...
- Experience with SOA, building internal RESTful API.
- Experience building micro-services
- Experience working in a CI environment
- Experience with docker and deployment of containers
- Projects on Github
- Agile Scrum
- Design, code and test custom software systems.
- Analyse requirements and develop concepts for new applications.
- Author technical documentation as needed.
- Coordinate with project management and other engineering developers in determining overall system solutions.
Back to top