Senior NoSQL DBA
The Database Operation team is part of the Global Tech Operations Team and is responsible for common database infrastructure that supports multiple enterprise applications and multiple business lines.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for implementation, advanced problem analysis, successful deployment, and continuous operational improvement of database technologies used at IgnitionOne. You should be well-versed in database administration and engineering practices and principles, and you'll share the responsibility of overall database support in various database environments used by different business lines. You'll be technically influential and a subject matter expert for the database team
Support Database Engineering in managing of SQL and NoSQL database environments. This includes the advanced to expert engineering and implementation of the following:
- Provide technical expertise to design the most efficient and cost effective solutions for SQL and NOSQL database systems. This includes building solution in Lab and taking it Live through project life cycle.
- Provide DB Engineering support for databases in various environments including development, QA, performance, pre-production; provide DB Engineering support for internally developed applications. Physical implementation of databases, storage structures, high-availability solutions, replication, and disaster recovery solutions
- Provide DBA support in configuring enterprise monitoring, backup, alerting, and security compliance solutions for SQL and NOSQL databases.
- Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new hardware and platforms.
- Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and resolution of escalated Level 3 issues
- Regular database capacity planning related to database growth and system utilization, trend analysis, predictive future database resource requirements, and the structured organized reporting of the same
- Work closely with other Infrastructure engineering, product development, business operations, and technical operations to ensure delivery of database services within the SLA's and performance target set
- Participate in the evaluation, selection and implementation of DBA tools to improve the effectiveness of tasks such as performance monitoring and tuning, recovery, and database change management processing
- Evaluate, recommend and build NoSQL, SQL and In-Memory platform(s) understanding the business needs
- Architect and build data collectors and data fabric to collect and transport data to the system based Big Data Platform
- Build monitoring solution(s) for the Big Data infrastructure to understand the health of the infrastructure
- Automate deployment and configuration management using open source frameworks.
- Be the SME (Subject Matter Expert) for NoSql, Hyper-scale OLTP platform
IgnitionOne retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field
- Expert level programming in Spark is a plus
- 3-5 years of experience building and managing complex products/solutions
- 3+ years of experience working in Linux/Unix environment
- Experience architecting, building and managing Cassandra
- Experience building and managing PostgreSQL
- Knowledge and work with basic AWS services including RDS, EC2 and VPN. (More AWS services involvement is in our future.)
- Experience level understanding of Hadoop HDFS and MapReduce framework internals
- Experience with components in Hadoop echo system
- Experience architecting and building data fabric with kafka would be a plus
- Experience with open source frameworks like Puppet or Chef for deployment and configuration management is a plus
- Experience with Shell Scripting, Perl and Python
- Most importantly be a good team player and willingness to learn and implement new Big Data technologies
Who is IgnitionOne?
IgnitionOne is a global marketing cloud leader. The company’s Digital Marketing Suite (DMS), with a powerful customer data management platform (DMP) at its core, simplifies life for marketers by providing an integrated suite of solutions that significantly improve digital marketing performance across all devices. The DMS encompasses algorithmic media management across channels such as search, programmatic display, mobile, email and social; advanced data management; user scoring, lead optimization and website personalization. With a global footprint of over 450 employees in 17 offices across 10 countries, IgnitionOne is one of the largest independent marketing technology companies in the world.
IgnitionOne currently scores over 300 million users monthly in 75 countries and powers more than $30 billion in revenue each year for leading brands, including General Motors, CenturyLink, Bridgestone, La Quinta and Fiat, as well as advertising agencies such as 360i, GroupM and iProspect.
Work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment alongside some of the smartest thought leaders in advertising technology. Be the member of a team that delivers innovative marketing technology that simplifies marketers’ lives and drives performance to new heights. Have fun collaborating on ground-breaking, challenging assignments where your opinion matters, you grow professionally and high performers are recognized and rewarded. And join a company on the cutting edge of digital marketing and technology that is regularly honored with awards and has been featured in major news media such as WSJ, NYT, Bloomberg, AdAge, ADWEEK and more.
IgnitionOne provides equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.
Meet Some of IgnitionOne's Employees
Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer, Rez handles some of the development work on the software that clients use to manage their ad campaigns on our site.
Back to top