Lead Engineer - Platform Team (C#.Net)
Position: Engineering Team Lead, Platform
Location: Atlanta, GA
WHO ARE WE?
IgnitionOne simplifies life for marketers, providing deeper insights and robust targeting of individuals through the use of proprietary engagement scoring and integrated marketing and advertising solutions. The IgnitionOne DMS is a full-featured digital marketing hub which significantly improves performance across all devices and channels. IgnitionOne allows marketers to better understand their customers and activate personalized 1:1 messaging across search, display, social, mobile, email, and website personalization. With a global footprint of over 450 employees in 17 offices across 10 countries, IgnitionOne is one of the largest independent marketing technology companies in the world.
IgnitionOne currently scores over 300 million consumers monthly in 75 countries and powers more than $60 billion in revenue each year for leading brands, including General Motors, CenturyLink, Bridgestone, La Quinta and Fiat, as well as advertising agencies such as 360i, GroupM and iProspect.
Are you ready for more? Be part of a fast-growing global company with an entrepreneurial spirit where high performers are recognized and rewarded for their efforts, working alongside some of the best and brightest people in the industry as you blaze your career path on the cutting edge of marketing and advertising tech. Be part of a high-performing team that has fun, collaborating on ground-breaking, challenging assignments where your opinion matters, where you grow personally and professionally. Be part of IgnitionOne.
The Platform Teams at IgnitionOne provide the connecting fabric to all engineering teams within the organization. The surface area is very broad and all marketing channel execution teams integrate their work product. The resulting challenge is to yield high value deliverables with enough flexibility to fulfill all consumer requirements. Work is delivered with a service orientated approach aim to be plugged directly into various interfaces and backend systems.
As Tech Lead, you will lead the delivery output for the full Scrum team consisting of Developers, Data Engineers, Test Engineers, a Scrum Master, DevOps resources, and dedicated Product Owner. A great Tech Lead partners with the Product Owner to align focus and works to maximize delivery. Key to being a Tech Lead at IgnitionOne is balancing smart technical decisions within the team and fostering the right communication across teams to meet milestones. The Scrum team owns the solutions designed and implemented to meet client driven requirements, and the Tech Lead structures how challenges are broken down, organized and overcome to leverage all resources on the team as effectively as possible.
Our work environment is top-notch and if you are passionate about building maintainable software at Internet scale, this is the place for you.
- Be an inspiring leader to a Scrum team delivering core platform functionality
- Partner with platform Product Owner to maintain a clear roadmap and ready backlog blended appropriate with company goals
- Provide technical leadership and decision making for the team to plan efficient development sprints leveraging all team resources
- Promote good engineering practices within the team to ensure delivery of quality code assets
- Work closely with Architecture Group to create a technology and development strategy for a development Scrum team that aligns with the organizational goals
- Maintain a hands-on role developing clean, concise code with appropriate developer documentation and unit test cases
- Work with full-stack mindset to advocate effective and scalable implementations
- Review team member’s code for consistent patterns, accepted standards and clear, supportable design
- Strive to continuously improve performance and reliability of systems
- Ensure proper test coverage of the Team’s work to ensure data integrity between producers and consumers
- Responsible for coordinating with Release Management resources in the promotion, testing and release of software assets through testing environments and Production
- Support the success of the Scrum team to complete Sprints early!
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Ability to present and communicate technical designs and processes to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Previous technical decision making responsibility to deliver a web centric product platform
- Experience working through product requirements to yield a deliverable backlog of user stories organized to maximize sprint team delivery
- Strong understanding of the internal workings of the .NET framework, IIS, application memory management and performance optimization
- Developing against high-volume, large-scale SQL databases (> 2 TB)
- Experience in a hybrid environment coupling Microsoft technologies with non-Microsoft ones such as No-SQL data stores (Cassandra, Postgres, etc.), messaging platforms (RabbitMQ / Kafka, etc.), caching systems (Redis, Memcache, etc.)
- Exposure to multi-datacenter application design and implementation
- Experience working with established coding frameworks and ability to explain rationale for using those frameworks in previous projects
- Experience maintaining code assets in Git or similar distributed source control
- Experience working with continuous integration in TeamCity or similar automated build/deployment environment
Nice to Haves:
- Exposure to working in paid advertising market
- Experience consuming and producing enterprise grade APIs
- Experience developing a data rich single page application
- Comfortable or proficient in AngularJS development
Back to top