Java Software Engineer
IgnitionOne’s leading Customer Intelligence Platform empowers marketers to find and engage their most valuable customers across channels using a data-driven approach. By focusing on cross-channel scoring and robust personalization, IgnitionOne’s technology provides real-time, actionable insights for smarter marketing decisions and omnichannel engagement to maximize overall results.
IgnitionOne is one of the largest independent marketing technology companies in the world, currently scoring over 600 million users monthly in 75 countries and powering more than $60 billion in revenue each year for leading brands, including General Motors, CenturyLink, La Quinta and Acer, as well as advertising agencies such as 360i, GroupM and Zenith Media.
Within your role of software engineer you will be working within an enthusiastic and results driven full-stack team, creating cutting edge digital marketing tools. Design and develops testable, maintainable and scalable software. You will collaborate with peers and other team members to achieve project goals and establish technical standards and best practices. You will work closely with technical and product leadership to understand and implement systems requirements
- Designs and develops testable, maintainable and scalable software for IgnitionOne's Service Oriented Architecture and core applications.
- Collaborates with peers and other team members to achieve project goals and establish technical standards and best practices.
- Works closely with technical and product leadership to understand and implement systems requirements.
- Works closely with the QA Engineer on drafting, creating and maintaining automated test cases for products
- Conducts system analysis and code reviews on mission critical applications to ensure optimal performance.
- Develops documentation for system maintenance and support (i.e., flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or its equivalent in education and experience
- Minimum 1 year software development experience in Java
- Experience using at least one of the no-sql (e.g elastic search, cassandra, redis ) & relational datastores ( e.g PostgreSQL, SQL Server )
- Experience using and configuring build tools like Gulp, Grunt, Webpack for front end
- Experience using CSS preprocessors (Stylus, SCSS, LESS)
- Experience in writing unit tests for UI (tools and frameworks: Karma/Mocha/Chai)
- Experience building and consuming RESTful services and APIs
- Experience using distributed source control such as Git or Mercurial
- Experience using Linux and the bash command line
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL SKILLS:
- Reactive Programming
- AWS ecosystem (e.g. EC2, SQS, SNS, Lambda)
- Data processing technologies (e.g. Spark, Scala)
- Messaging technologies (e.g. Kafka)
Back to top