System Reliability Engineer
IEX is looking for our next System Reliability Engineer – you may also know this role as Dev Ops, Web Ops, Systems Ops, and so on. The right person for the job will be an insatiably curious tinkerer with technical chops, who has done this type of role before. Bonus points if you take an interest in the stock market, though finance experience is not a must - only a willingness to learn all about the inner workings of the market is required.
In this role, you’ll be constantly optimizing and automating our processes and systems, in an effort to improve reliability, scalability, and maintainability. Plus, you’ll take on real-time responsibilities, such as monitoring, incident management, and recovery.
Coding and scripting is part of our daily life (we like python, bash, awk, sed and we are currently exploring Go). You’ll be exposed to how the technology interacts with the business side, and will gain a deep understanding of application logic and business data work-flows which is essential during the recovery process when an incident occurs. Experience with any layer in our stack (Linux, Java, C++) is highly beneficial particularly around the areas of performance and capacity. Experience in an agile environment is a plus, and a willingness to tackle the challenge of innovating within a regulated environment is key.
- Responsible for monitoring the health of our systems
- Participate in the engineering process as we design, build, and manage our systems.
- Build tools to monitor and automate processes.
- Be a core contributor in our change management and the post mortem processes
- Troubleshoot issues across the whole stack - hardware, software, applications and network.
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
- Translates customer needs and projected product utilization to operational reliability targets.
- Write systems reliability plan and report progress on attaining reliability targets to team and senior management.
- Guides other functions (e.g., development, market operations, business development, subscribers, etc.) on reliability techniques, application and system functionality.
- Educates and mentors team/company on operational best practices
- Experience with Linux, python, bash, sed, awk, git
- Collaborative, team player
- Believes in fairness and transparency in the markets (though experience in finance is not required)
Back to top