Quantitative Research at IEX is responsible for analyzing data to solve challenging problems. We generate ideas, investigate data, and test hypotheses about trading dynamics and market structure. We apply those insights to the design and development of new products and tools, and we educate our customers and the wider public via white papers, blog posts, client meetings, and conference presentations.
In the Quantitative Researcher role, you'll collaborate closely within a cross-functional team in developing novel approaches to solve problems using real-world data. You're not afraid to dive deep into data to find the truth. You are creative and curious, and you believe in a rigorous empirical approach to solving problems. You have strong communication skills and you pay attention to the details.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and with little direction
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Collaborative team player
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Committed to building fairer and more transparent markets
What you'll do:
- Generate ideas, investigate data, and test hypotheses in the process of scientific inquiry
- Conduct exploratory research to uncover new insights on trading dynamics
- Analyze and study market-wide trends in execution quality
- Collaborate across the organization to design and develop new products and tools
- Communicate research insights externally, e.g. via customer meetings, white papers, and presentations
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or other quantitative field (PhD highly preferred)
- Research background with experience defining problems, designing metrics, and developing data-driven solutions
- Familiarity with programming languages and tools for data analysis (e.g., Python, Matlab, R, SQL)
- Experience working with large data sets + time series data is a plus
- Familiarity with financial markets and regulation is helpful
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.
Back to top