Product Manager - Astral
Astral is looking for a driven and experienced Product Manager to help in building our platform and products. This will be a high-impact role to guide the development of a broad range of products and services that are foundational to Astral’s mission to make complex data clear, reliable, and useful.
You will collaborate extensively with Engineering, Compliance, Operations, Marketing, and Executives to ensure critical projects successfully produce industry-transforming results. Your day-to-day workload will vary from working with key stakeholders to craft and communicate product specifications, manage a complex development pipeline, coordinate engineering work and schedules, and contribute to internal and external inquiries as a subject matter expert on the design of Astral’s products.
- Excellent communication skills – strong technical writing experience is necessary
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and proficient in project-related work
- Ability to work seamlessly across functions
- Intellectual curiosity with the ability to quickly grasp complex concepts and systems
- Team player who can motivate others to achieve great results
What you’ll do:
- Work with executive leadership to facilitate formulation of new business ideas and functionality, and document the functional and technical requirements of new products
- Create and track schedules for a multitude of deliverables, funneling all data into the strategic roadmap
- Capture and prioritize backlog of business goals, features, and technology enhancements
- Communicate to the management team and various levels of the organization around project status, risks, issues, actions, and dependencies
- Track and report on product performance metrics
- Adhere to strict compliance policies and software development procedures
- Curate and maintain software development lifecycle
- Create and maintain technical documentation including technical specifications, system architecture, and system diagrams specific for exchange products
- Work with Marketing and Operations to prepare externally-facing documents and communications, including periodic reporting and notifications to institutional investors and brokers
- Collect input from key industry participants to ensure seamless operation of the platform (e.g. trading alerts, regulatory notices, exchange rule filings, etc.)
- Provide input into and support for daily operation of the platform, including customer support, event management, emergency response, industry participation
- 2+ years’ experience in product management role, ideally at a broker-dealer, financial vendor, or an exchange
- Agile product management experience
- Understanding of regulatory requirements relating to data and information retention, management, and security
- Familiarity with Regulation SCI and Regulation NMS is a plus
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.
Meet Some of IEX Group's Employees
Adrian F.Program Management
Adrian keeps stakeholders across Technology, Operations, Product, Sales, Marketing, and Regulatory Teams on the same page and moving forward to hit key milestones.
Back to top