Full Stack Engineer - Cloud
- New York, NY
IEX Cloud is a fast-growing platform for financial data, servicing the vibrant developer community demanding high-quality and diverse data sources. The engineering group is looking to add a Full Stack Engineer to our team who will help build the modern data delivery platform: APIs and hosted solutions paired with user-friendly web and mobile apps to enable customers to simplify and accelerate the process of consuming and delivering financial data. You will work in a highly distributed system building high performance data services and you will architect efficient, reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications.
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- A generalist working on the front-end, back-end, and anything it takes to solve problems and improve user experience
- Skills to uphold best practices in engineering, security, and user experience.
- Self-starter with a positive, roll up your sleeves attitude.
- Excellent communication skills
- Appetite for fast-paced work in a highly dynamic teamwork-oriented startup environment
- Aware of, but not reliant on, modern web application frameworks (React, Angular, etc.)
- Able to identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Awareness of future trends in web development.
- Belief in IEX's mission
- Advanced working knowledge of APIs and restful web services
- 5+ years of HTML/CSS experience including concepts like cross browser compatibility and accessibility
- Experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Experience building embeddable, client-side components
- Strong understanding of data structures
- Experience and understanding of client-side security (OAuth 2.0, JWT, CSP, XSS, Sandboxing, TLS)
- Understanding of client-server optimizations (HTTP/2, CDN, ETags, SSE, WebSockets, gzip)
- Experience using and optimizing build tools (Webpack, Gulp, Jenkins, Minify, ESLint)
- Experience with SEO optimization a plus
- Rapid prototyping experience a plus
- Experience with test frameworks a plus (Browserstack, Jasmine, Puppeteer, Jest, etc)
- UX design, A/B Testing, and wireframing experience a plus
- Plus for experience with any of the following: Redis, SQL, ElasticSearch, Kafka, nginx
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.
Back to top