Front End Engineer
At IEX, we believe we’ve created one of the best user experiences in finance, but there is always more we can do to improve – that’s where you come in. As the Front End Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, and ongoing maintenance of our web and mobile user interfaces. You are dedicated to building simple, beautiful, and performant applications. Good design and writing elegant code is your passion, plus, you aren’t afraid of working server-side.
Our UX team is lean and versatile. We often need to cover multiple disciplines, but each have a huge impact on the business. Sound good? Come join us!
A few things we’re working on:
- Building a brand-new experience for opening and closing a stock exchange
- Designing the new IEX office
- Expanding our real-time API – check out this page to see what kind of system you would be working on
- Designing and maintaining the IEX brand
- Building and operating our own cloud infrastructure
- Self-starter – you can prioritize tasks and deliver on-time
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative team player
What you’ll do:
- Build intuitive applications in React to solve complex problems
- Visualize large and interesting datasets for decision makers
- Work within our existing Node.js back-end and React front-end architectures
- Build core architectural components to make the team more efficient
- Conceptualize and design new interfaces and products
- Build and maintain our mobile platform with React Native
- Strong user-centered design aesthetic
- Comfortable working with large data sets
- The ability to distill complex concepts into simple design
- Experience with Node.js server side development
- Big plus if you have experience with the below:
- Understanding of how a web server works
- RESTful API design
- Data technologies (MySQL, Redis, CDN)
- Experience writing test cases
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.
Meet Some of IEX Group's Employees
Adrian keeps stakeholders across Technology, Operations, Product, Sales, Marketing, and Regulatory Teams on the same page and moving forward to hit key milestones.
Back to top