- New York, NY
IEX is looking for a talented developer to contribute to the Technology Development team.
You have experience developing complex applications and systems, ideally with core Java on back-end services, and have a solid understanding of technology fundamentals.
You will have the opportunity to apply that experience and knowledge to build new products and new systems with IEX technology. You will work on multiple projects across a wide range of technologies and platforms, including our trading systems. You will also work closely with Business Analytics, Market Operations, and Product teams to develop internal tools and systems (both front-end and back-end). This role will also require you to work with our System Reliability Engineering team to maintain critical operational systems.
You are a high energy self-starter who is intellectually curious, not afraid to be hands-on, and eager to contribute to code every single day. Experience of event driven systems is desired, but a real passion for our mission of fairness and transparency is imperative. If this sounds like you, join us!
- Self-starter – you can prioritize tasks and deliver on-time
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative team player with a strong interest in mentoring junior team members
- Strong communication skills – you will have to work with employees from across the organization
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for the back-end development of core IEX systems and new platforms
- Contribute to system design, including architecture, API design, testing and deployment
- Build out software components and systems needed for delivery of new technology products
- Collaborate with partners in business development, support and infrastructure teams to ensure successful delivery of the product
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as Market Operations, Data Engineering, Business Analytics, and Quant Research
- Provide support to Exchange operations and engineering teams
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Strong object-oriented programming experience
- Experience of building software for Linux platforms and of using git for source control
- Understanding of full Java development processes (build tools, continuous integration, automated testing, deployment)
- Experience of working within an event driven architecture
- Distributed computing, data modeling, operational experience, a plus
- Familiarity with messaging platforms, such as Kafka
- Database experience with MySQL, Redis, kdb, a plus
- Experience with network programming (IP Multicast, TCP, etc.)
- Experience of developing and deploying software in a cloud environment (AWS/GCP)
- Experience in financial markets and electronic trading
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.
Back to top