Back End Engineer – DevOps
The Back End Engineer will be part of the team that is responsible for designing, developing, and operating the applications that IEX employees and clients use on a daily basis. In this role, you’ll be constantly optimizing and automating our processes and systems, in an effort to improve reliability, scalability, and maintainability. We use a diverse technology stack rooted in Node.js, Redis, MySQL, Python and KDB, but we're always open to incorporating new technologies. Our infrastructure runs on a combination of cloud and bare metal servers, all managed by Ansible.
You’ll be joining a lean, efficient, collaborative team where everyone plays an essential role and takes ownership of their work. Experience in financial services is not necessary, but a passion for IEX’s mission of driving fairness and transparency in the markets is a must.
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- Dedicated to product quality
- Excited about creating a scalable cloud infrastructure
- Eager to work in a fast-paced collaborative startup environment
- Support, develop, enhance, and maintain our highly available/scalable cloud agnostic infrastructure
- Manage and provision servers in our development, QA, staging, and production environments
- Run frequent performance testing and think about our infrastructure and application code to identify potential performance issues, then make things better
- Build and design solutions that mitigate risk and increase efficiencies
- Be involved in real-time assessment of issues and help develop solutions
- Optimize server configuration and network architecture
- Split on-call duty with other engineers on the team
- Software programming experience in Python, Go, Node.js, and SQL
- Hands-on experience with cloud infrastructure technologies, including continuous integration, system monitoring and alerting tools (e.g., Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, PagerDuty, Stackdriver)
- Comfortable working with Linux
- Solid understanding of the web stack (e.g., HTTP, headers, caching, SSL, HA Proxy, WebSockets, DNS, CDN)
- Experience with distributed databases (e.g., MySQL, Redis, Cassandra)
- Google Cloud experience is a plus
Meet Some of IEX Group's Employees
Co-Founder & Office Manager
Tara has a hand in all IEX's internal and external projects and procedures. She manages everything from office redesigns to employee event planning to scheduling for IEX's Executive Team.
Back to top